1. Joined
    10 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 19:57
    Would it be usefull to see what your rating would be should you beat a player in that moment? I sometimes get confused with how small or large rating adjustments can be. Obviously the rating box would change each time a players rating changes, but it may be a usefull tool and i seem to remember this on another chess site?
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 23:54
    Originally posted by bellalucca
    Would it be usefull to see what your rating would be should you beat a player in that moment? I sometimes get confused with how small or large rating adjustments can be. Obviously the rating box would change each time a players rating changes, but it may be a usefull tool and i seem to remember this on another chess site?
    Also mentioned on another thread.
    My question would be - how will it help or even hinder your choice of moves thereby outcome ?
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:59
    I agree with Mctayto on this one. Why would you want to know your exact rating? Basicly if the ratingdifference between both players is big, the higher rated will gain less points for a win, and the lower rated will win more points for a win...and the other way around.
    If both players ratings (almost) match, the rating differences will be smaller (and both players will win/lose about the same amount of points).

You can calculate this for yourself if you are that interested: FAQ
    Im not sure, but there might be a greasemonkey script for it.
    And theres a thread somewhere that shows how many rating points will change by different amounts of ratingdifferences....but I dont know where it is.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 19:071 edit
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    And theres a thread somewhere that shows how many rating points will change by different amounts of ratingdifferences....but I dont know where it is.
    I know where it is now;
    Thread 116571
  5. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 23:27
    I don't think it would be a useful "tool", but I think it would be a fun addition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree