1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 10:21
    I version 9 of the Chessmaster. On each move it "rates" your move giving you an indication whether that was a good move or a bad move. This way people could learn that it wasnt such a great move, or it was.

Just a thought.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 12:16
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    I version 9 of the Chessmaster. On each move it "rates" your move giving you an indication whether that was a good move or a bad move. This way people could learn that it wasnt such a great move, or it was.

Just a thought.
    Heh. Are you suggesting a feature that automatically rates every move on the site if the game is finished, or allow other people to "rate" moves?
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 12:48
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    Heh. Are you suggesting a feature that automatically rates every move on the site if the game is finished, or allow other people to "rate" moves?
    No, not when the game is finished, but right after each move was made. And no, people must not rate the moves, the system must.
  4. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 08:21
    No, not when the game is finished, but right after each move was made. And no, people must not rate the moves, the system must.
    Rating moves during the game would give you hints about bad moves although you are not aware of it. If you'd like to have that kind of feature it's better for finished or unrated games.

Gotti
  5. Earth Prime
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 14:33
    The "move" button is a magic "rate my move" button. As soon as you press it you suddenly realize you just screwed yourself. Who knows how the magic works.
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 12:55
    Originally posted by Coconut
    The "move" button is a magic "rate my move" button. As soon as you press it you suddenly realize you just screwed yourself. Who knows how the magic works.
    And I thought I was the only one with that feature 🙁
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 11:24
    dont we all????

but yes, that is a good idea. After you press the move button, and your settings is set to display the same game, then a rating somewhere on the screen can display. Or even if you come back to your game later on, it could show you then.

Or even better, when you view the game history, it could have a move rating next to each move, yours and the oponents?

This is just a thought
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 12:22
    dont we all????

but yes, that is a good idea. After you press the move button, and your settings is set to display the same game, then a rating somewhere on the screen can display. Or even if you come back to your game later on, it could show you then.

Or even better, when you view the game history, it could have a move rating next to each move, yours and the oponents?

This is just a thought
    No.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 12:45
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No.
    perfect r u? Naah, maybe in another world - nice dreaming k
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:10
    How come you didn't answer my PM?

P-
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:36
    Are you getting dumber?
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 23:13
    Are you getting dumber?
    dumber? 😕 urhm - what r u talking about?
  13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 23:18
    dumber? 😕 urhm - what r u talking about?
    his vocabulary is quickly deflating. I don't think we have much time.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 06:27
    his vocabulary is quickly deflating. I don't think we have much time.
    my dear friend - u must be drinking alot lately. Time to go and sleep cause u talking alot of rubish - (like drunk people normally do)
  15. London
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 17:20
    This would be a better idea . Every time you make a move , the server stores the move rating and when you complete the game , in the Game History , next to the move , it shows you the rating out of a 100 comparing all the possible moves you could play and the analysis it follows.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree