1. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 15:51
    The vertical lines representing games won or lost by timeout should be orange (say) instead of green on players' rating charts.
  2. Behind you...
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 08:561 edit
    Originally posted by murrow
    The vertical lines representing games won or lost by timeout should be orange (say) instead of green on players' rating charts.
    I don't agree. A win is a win, they should all stay the same. Or better yet: War is war, loser. 🙂
  3. The sky
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 17:50
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    I don't agree. A win is a win, they should all stay the same. Or better yet: War is war, loser. 🙂
    Or: Win is win, loser. I agree (i.e. I disagree with murrow), for reasons I have mentioned before - some people let games time out because they know they will lose, and some people resign their games rather than letting them time out when they leave the site or take a break, so whether a game was won by timeout or because the opponent resigned doesn't really tell much.
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 19:18
    But at least make it clear in the graph which lines are wins (e.g. in green), which are losses (red) and which are draws (orange).
  5. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 20:441 edit
    i'm not suggesting such losses should 'count' any less.
    i just want to be able to see which is which.
    i understand why some people don't care about this, but what i'm suggesting wouldn't lose anything, would it?

i take your point nordlys that it is not always meaningful but i'd say 80% of the time time-outs are genuine running-out-of-time situations, and resignations are giving-up-a-lost-position situations.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 21:36
    Originally posted by Aiko
    But at least make it clear in the graph which lines are wins (e.g. in green), which are losses (red) and which are draws (orange).
    Now that's an idea I really like. Wrecked.
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 22:49
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Wrecked.
    Is there a doctor on this forum?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 23:43
    Rectum? Damn near killed him!
  9. Berks.
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 23:47
    Yup, but the wrong type.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 02:571 edit
    I'm a doctor,
    and I know what I'm on about.

In addition to the red, green and orange, the opponents name should also appear where their rating shows above.
  11. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 07:24
    dcotors doctors everywhere
    but not a drop to drink.
  12. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:06
    Originally posted by murrow
    i'm not suggesting such losses should 'count' any less.
    i just want to be able to see which is which.
    i understand why some people don't care about this, but what i'm suggesting wouldn't lose anything, would it?

i take your point nordlys that it is not always meaningful but i'd say 80% of the time time-outs are genuine running-out-of-time situations, and resignations are giving-up-a-lost-position situations.
    Bad idea!

With your idea you could search for challenges against people who loose a lot of there games by time-outs.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:12
    Originally posted by Loose Screw
    Bad idea!

With your idea you could search for challenges against people who loose a lot of there games by time-outs.
    And? What's the issue? Winning a game by timeout doesn't give many points (averaged) as often the player's rating has sunk to much lower levels than usual.

It would also help clan leaders decide whether to accept a new player (if they time out often then they could potentially lose you a lot of challenges),
  14. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    And? What's the issue? Winning a game by timeout doesn't give many points (averaged) as often the player's rating has sunk to much lower levels than usual.

It would also help clan leaders decide whether to accept a new player (if they time out often then they could potentially lose you a lot of challenges),
    Don't care about ratings (anymore).
    It could give you an easy 2 points in a clan challenge.
    Set up an even match of 5 players and know that 1 of your oponants players lose a lot of games by time-outs ---> possible easy 2 points.

If a player looses a lot of games by time-outs, I think that the Clan leader should speak to him about that and if that doesn't help, boot him.

As we have noticed, taking on a new player(s) in your Clan can have many dangers, it's all in the Clan game, I guess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree