Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    12 Mar '06 15:51
    The vertical lines representing games won or lost by timeout should be orange (say) instead of green on players' rating charts.
  2. 13 Mar '06 08:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by murrow
    The vertical lines representing games won or lost by timeout should be orange (say) instead of green on players' rating charts.
    I don't agree. A win is a win, they should all stay the same. Or better yet: War is war, loser.
  3. 13 Mar '06 17:50
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    I don't agree. A win is a win, they should all stay the same. Or better yet: War is war, loser.
    Or: Win is win, loser. I agree (i.e. I disagree with murrow), for reasons I have mentioned before - some people let games time out because they know they will lose, and some people resign their games rather than letting them time out when they leave the site or take a break, so whether a game was won by timeout or because the opponent resigned doesn't really tell much.
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    13 Mar '06 19:18
    But at least make it clear in the graph which lines are wins (e.g. in green), which are losses (red) and which are draws (orange).
  5. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    13 Mar '06 20:44 / 1 edit
    i'm not suggesting such losses should 'count' any less.
    i just want to be able to see which is which.
    i understand why some people don't care about this, but what i'm suggesting wouldn't lose anything, would it?

    i take your point nordlys that it is not always meaningful but i'd say 80% of the time time-outs are genuine running-out-of-time situations, and resignations are giving-up-a-lost-position situations.
  6. 13 Mar '06 21:36
    Originally posted by Aiko
    But at least make it clear in the graph which lines are wins (e.g. in green), which are losses (red) and which are draws (orange).
    Now that's an idea I really like. Wrecked.
  7. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    13 Mar '06 22:49
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Wrecked.
    Is there a doctor on this forum?
  8. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    13 Mar '06 23:43
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Is there a doctor on this forum?
    Rectum? Damn near killed him!
  9. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    13 Mar '06 23:47
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Is there a doctor on this forum?
    Yup, but the wrong type.
  10. 15 Mar '06 02:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Is there a doctor on this forum?
    I'm a doctor,
    and I know what I'm on about.

    In addition to the red, green and orange, the opponents name should also appear where their rating shows above.
  11. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    15 Mar '06 07:24
    dcotors doctors everywhere
    but not a drop to drink.
  12. Subscriber Loose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    15 Mar '06 08:06
    Originally posted by murrow
    i'm not suggesting such losses should 'count' any less.
    i just want to be able to see which is which.
    i understand why some people don't care about this, but what i'm suggesting wouldn't lose anything, would it?

    i take your point nordlys that it is not always meaningful but i'd say 80% of the time time-outs are genuine running-out-of-time situations, and resignations are giving-up-a-lost-position situations.
    Bad idea!

    With your idea you could search for challenges against people who loose a lot of there games by time-outs.
  13. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    15 Mar '06 08:12
    Originally posted by Loose Screw
    Bad idea!

    With your idea you could search for challenges against people who loose a lot of there games by time-outs.
    And? What's the issue? Winning a game by timeout doesn't give many points (averaged) as often the player's rating has sunk to much lower levels than usual.

    It would also help clan leaders decide whether to accept a new player (if they time out often then they could potentially lose you a lot of challenges),
  14. Subscriber Loose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    15 Mar '06 08:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    And? What's the issue? Winning a game by timeout doesn't give many points (averaged) as often the player's rating has sunk to much lower levels than usual.

    It would also help clan leaders decide whether to accept a new player (if they time out often then they could potentially lose you a lot of challenges),
    Don't care about ratings (anymore).
    It could give you an easy 2 points in a clan challenge.
    Set up an even match of 5 players and know that 1 of your oponants players lose a lot of games by time-outs ---> possible easy 2 points.

    If a player looses a lot of games by time-outs, I think that the Clan leader should speak to him about that and if that doesn't help, boot him.

    As we have noticed, taking on a new player(s) in your Clan can have many dangers, it's all in the Clan game, I guess.