1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 23:31
    I'm getting sick of playing people who join the site just for blitz. P1200's are frustrating me.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 00:03
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    I'm getting sick of playing people who join the site just for blitz. P1200's are frustrating me.
    If they are joining just for blitz (http://www.timeforchess.coms/blitz/blitzchess.php), then how are you playing them here?
    Get some self control and set your game options accordingly. If you don't want to play someone ... then don't play them?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 20:44
    Originally posted by orangutan
    If they are joining just for blitz (http://www.timeforchess.coms/blitz/blitzchess.php), then how are you playing them here?
    Get some self control and set your game options accordingly. If you don't want to play someone ... then don't play them?
    i'm talkin ratin limits IN the blitz site. I'm happy to play just about anyone in CC and I do know about rating limits here... in blitz, I can't see the rating of people accepting my game.. and I don't like quittting on them, so a rating limit would be nice.
  4. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 00:451 edit
    Though the rating you would see would be their cc rating, correct?

I'm 1400 on RHP but only 1150 on uchess. The ratings don't really correspond do they?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 01:16
    Originally posted by Drew L
    Though the rating you would see would be their cc rating, correct?

I'm 1400 on RHP but only 1150 on uchess. The ratings don't really correspond do they?
    Uchess Blitz and RHP Blitz (once they are up) won't match either. Your 1150 at Uchess may be much higher at RHP Blitz when it gets here.

I'm thinking engine abusers may keep a player like your rating lower... but I may be exactly wrong and engine abuse makes all rating higher because the the expanding top end. Time will tell.

P-
  6. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 01:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Uchess Blitz and RHP Blitz (once they are up) won't match either. Your 1150 at Uchess may be much higher at RHP Blitz when it gets here.

I'm thinking engine abusers may keep a player like your rating lower... but I may be exactly wrong and engine abuse makes all rating higher because the the expanding top end. Time will tell.

P-
    I think Im just not much of a blitzer
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 01:061 edit
    Originally posted by Drew L
    I think Im just not much of a blitzer
    try http://chess.emrald.net it will pump up your blitz play in at most a couple of months.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 07:15
    Yes, I agree, rating limits are a must, as well as multiple seeks. What's even sillier is that when a game starts, there is no rating next to the player's name so you don't even know who you're against. Of course, the whole thing is very buggy already and I don't want to make it worse, but it would really need these. This is for both RHP Blitz and uChess. I'm not even sure what the relation is between them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree