1. Here
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 15:24
  2. Here
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 15:29
    Why not make all games that are timed out unrated for the player who timed out also where a player resigns a series of games( in a tournament for instance )
  3. Joined
    10 May '12
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 16:06
    Just take the win from the idiot! You suggestion makes a lot of sense though.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 16:22
    Originally posted by padger
    Why not make all games that are timed out unrated for the player who timed out also where a player resigns a series of games( in a tournament for instance )
    One problem I can see is this:

If you and I are playing a game and at some point I can see that I will lose the game in a few more moves, I can at that point just stop moving and allow the clock to run out. You will claim the time-out win sooner or later to win your rating points, as you should. But if the game then becomes unrated for me because I lost on a time-out, I will not lose any points.

So yes, it will prevent me from dumping points if I am a sandbagger, but it will also give me a dishonest way to keep from losing the rating points that I deserve to lose because I played badly.

Or am I not understanding your suggestion correctly?
  5. Here
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 18:16
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    One problem I can see is this:

If you and I are playing a game and at some point I can see that I will lose the game in a few more moves, I can at that point just stop moving and allow the clock to run out. You will claim the time-out win sooner or later to win your rating points, as you should. But if the game then becomes unrated for me because I los ...[text shortened]... deserve to lose because I played badly.

Or am I not understanding your suggestion correctly?
    Exactly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree