1. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 17:54
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Clan members can inform their fellow members in their own forums if they want to [b]recommend something, they don't need to do it in the public forums to wind up other clans - like they seemingly do at present. It just devalues the system completely. [imo][/b]
    Forget that. What in the hell does somebody being a clanmate have to do with ANYTHING? If I like something, I should have the ability to rec it. If other lame clans want to get wound up about it, that is there problem. Sounds like there are handful of jealous morons taking this clan thing too seriously.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 18:02
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Forget that. What in the hell does somebody being a clanmate have to do with ANYTHING? If I like something, I should have the ability to rec it. If other [b]lame clans want to get wound up about it, that is there problem. Sounds like there are handful of jealous morons taking this clan thing too seriously.[/b]
    The point is that recommending a post is not meant to be a simple 'reward' [or is it?] but a pointer for others to see the better posts.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 18:04
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The point is that recommending a post is not meant to be a simple 'reward' [or is it?] but a pointer for others to see the better posts.
    Exactly. So explain to me again, why shouldn't I be able to rec a clanmates post if I think it is worth reading? Just because we happen to be in the same clan??!! That's stupid.
  4. Argentina
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 06:40
    (A cross post from the General Forums, sorry)

What about recs being non cumulative? That is, being reset to 0 every, say, 30 days? It'd stop the stupid race to get them. And the rec system should mantain its functionality.

Of course, I'm referring only to the individual record of rec's.
    So, any post in the last 7 (or maybe more) will retain the correct number of recs it deserved in that period.

Only a non-elaborated idea.

- J
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 09:00
    Originally posted by flexmore
    although i defend the superiority of a massively complex and infintely diverse system over a blunt boolean style cut and slash ... you do have a point ...
    except: perhaps you meant zeno ?!
    whats an x or z between friends. couldnt ever be zero. 1 for first rec
    + 1/2 +1/4+1/8...... this part of the series will converge to 1. After three terms its already at 7/8ths. It will become 15/16ths then 31/32nds and so on until it will become 1 at the limit as n tends to infinity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree