1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Sep '08 22:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Criminal Justice Act is hardly applicable to the RHP forums.

Even assuming that English law now varies from common law precedents regarding what is and isn't hearsay (those precedents were codified in the FRE), your Civil Evidence Act of 1995 explicitly states:

"In civil proceedings evidence shall not be excluded on the ground th ...[text shortened]... istent with it is admissible for the purpose of showing that he had contradicted himself.
    [/b]
    As you point out the legal definitions are not necessarily those followed by the mods but in general they are reasonable guidelines in any walk of life

Re Civil Proceedings
    The Act moves some of the focus of hearsay evidence to weight, rather than admissibility, setting out considerations in assessing the evidence (set out in summary form):[15]

* reasonableness of the party calling the evidence to have produced the original maker
    * whether the original statement was made at or near the same time as the evidence it mentions
    * whether the evidence involves multiple hearsay
    * whether any person involved had any motive to conceal or misrepresent matters
    * whether the original statement was an edited account, or was made in collaboration with another, or for a particular purpose
    * whether the circumstances of the hearsay evidence suggest an attempt to prevent proper evaluation of its weight
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 15:23
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    As you point out the legal definitions are not necessarily those followed by the mods but in general they are reasonable guidelines in any walk of life

Re Civil Proceedings
    The Act moves some of the focus of hearsay evidence to weight, rather than admissibility, setting out considerations in assessing the evidence (set out in summary form):[15]

* ...[text shortened]... cumstances of the hearsay evidence suggest an attempt to prevent proper evaluation of its weight
    Guidelines for any walk of life? You must be a barrel of laughs at your local pub.
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 01:41
    You are incorrect as a general matter and incorrect according to the facts of this specific circumstance.

The general definition of hearsay is "a "statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted." FRE 801. It doesn't matter if the ...[text shortened]... need not look to hearsay exceptions as the statement is non-hearsay for the reason given.
    Just try and say the words "You are right and I am wrong." I would really like to know if you are even capable of putting that sentence together. I didn't even read what you are arguing this time, maybe you are right, who knows, but just try and say those words. I have a feeling your arrogance in thinking you know everything will lock your jaw.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 02:32
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Just try and say the words "You are right and I am wrong." I would really like to know if you are even capable of putting that sentence together. I didn't even read what you are arguing this time, maybe you are right, who knows, but just try and say those words. I have a feeling your arrogance in thinking you know everything will lock your jaw.
    We all know that any forum user has a 89% chance to go to court over things that happen in a forum. The other 11% is a close split between die, and have fun.

FACT!

P-
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 15:05
    If you're too lazy and/or stupid to bother to try to understand what we are discussing, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on to expect me to say "I'm wrong" (when I'm not). So flame me if you want to; I'm sure you'll pick up some of the recs you find so precious.
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 22:23
    If you're too lazy and/or stupid to bother to try to understand what we are discussing, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on to expect me to say "I'm wrong" (when I'm not). So flame me if you want to; I'm sure you'll pick up some of the recs you find so precious.
    So typical, your past history of posting gives me plenty of "a leg to stand on." The recs just come with agreement, which is very rare in your case.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 23:35
    So typical, your past history of posting gives me plenty of "a leg to stand on." The recs just come with agreement, which is very rare in your case.
    You would have been very disappointed if you were around when the rec count was given right next to every user's name.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 15:26
    You would have been very disappointed if you were around when the rec count was given right next to every user's name.
    The good old days when You, Shav, Me, Nemesio, and a couple other users had well over a thousand recs for our 'great ideas' and posts.

Before the 'Fun' died... or should I say was murdered.

P-
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 15:56
    I was, genius. What do you think this thread was really for?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 04:34
    Was that back when all the friends would rec each others posts, and the recs were unlimited? If so I am happy a stop was put on it. 🙂
  11. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 05:27
    Now that the forum tyrant has departed, it time to take them back.

The rec count must return, and the forums will live again!

FREEDOM!
    rec'd 🙂
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 06:57
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Was that back when all the friends would rec each others posts, and the recs were unlimited? If so I am happy a stop was put on it. 🙂
    No, that happened recently - Korch made a thread about it.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 18:21
    Originally posted by Crowley
    No, that happened recently - Korch made a thread about it.
    I don't pay much attention to korch threads, unless someone tells me I should see something he had to say. 😉 😛 Other than that I don't even bother to go in and look at it. You have such a big problem with my english, I am sure his broken english must drive you pretty nuts huh. 😉
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 18:48
    You have such a big problem with my english, I am sure his broken english must drive you pretty nuts huh. 😉
    Absolutely.
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 19:32
    I don't pay much attention to korch threads, unless someone tells me I should see something he had to say. 😉 🙂
    So you are easily led?

I suppose its all part of the TSM gang mentality. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree