Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    01 Oct '06 10:26
    Now that the rec counters have disappeared can we please get some bigger avatars? Please.
  2. Standard member Icky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    01 Oct '06 10:32
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Now that the rec counters have disappeared can we please get some bigger avatars? Please.
    I agree. But how big should they be? Too large and they'd be obnoxious. I think about double would be sufficient.
  3. 01 Oct '06 13:05
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Now that the rec counters have disappeared can we please get some bigger avatars? Please.
    Agreed!
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    01 Oct '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Now that the rec counters have disappeared can we please get some bigger avatars? Please.
    Maybe now you can spend some more time making moves, instead of tormenting opponents desperately trying not to hit the skull icon as ungentleman it is, although will aid in ones all time record rating...
  5. 01 Oct '06 15:40
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Maybe now you can spend some more time making moves, instead of tormenting opponents desperately trying not to hit the skull icon as ungentleman it is, although will aid in ones all time record rating...
    How about showing a players rating below the avatar, it could replace the space left by the recs slot????
  6. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    01 Oct '06 15:43
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    How about showing a players rating below the avatar, it could replace the space left by the recs slot????
    Try playing a game. . . numbnuts
  7. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    01 Oct '06 21:28
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Maybe now you can spend some more time making moves, instead of tormenting opponents desperately trying not to hit the skull icon as ungentleman it is, although will aid in ones all time record rating...
    What are you trying to imply?
  8. 02 Oct '06 01:43
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Now that the rec counters have disappeared can we please get some bigger avatars? Please.
    With your own avatar, one feels more permanent and hence more likely to be [or become] a subscriber. Therefore I feel it would be a good idea to allow avatars to non-subs.


    Thank you in advance for disagreeing.
  9. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    02 Oct '06 12:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    With your own avatar, one feels more permanent and hence more likely to be [or become] a subscriber. Therefore I feel it would be a good idea to allow avatars to non-subs.


    Thank you in advance for disagreeing.
    you're welcome
  10. 02 Oct '06 13:48
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    you're welcome
    :'(:'(:'(:'(
  11. 02 Oct '06 14:13
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    With your own avatar, one feels more permanent and hence more likely to be [or become] a subscriber. Therefore I feel it would be a good idea to allow avatars to non-subs.


    Thank you in advance for disagreeing.
    Actually I would like that, too. I recognize many posters by their avatar without looking at their user name, which is kind of nice (although it's also potentially confusing because people keep changing their avatars). So the avatars are not only beneficial for the user xymself, but also the readers. Maybe non-sub avatars could have a limited colour range or something.