1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '06 00:15
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Absolutely not.

A recommened post is supposed to be so good that everyone should read it.
    If it's only readable in private forums, then it's pointless.
    The key word being supposed; hardly ever works out that way. I agree with Rav - get rid of them.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    02 May '06 11:25
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    The key word being supposed; hardly ever works out that way. I agree with Rav - get rid of them.
    As I have said before, I think it would be best to keep the wrecks and the list of wrecked posts, but get rid of the total wreck number, thus moving the focus from the wrecked person to the wrecked post. Wreck whoring, (ab)use of wrecks as a currency, and wreck stalking would lose their appeal, while wrecks could still be used for their original purpose.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    02 May '06 12:131 edit
    I don't think recs are the problem; they are just a bit of fun, and can even be useful.

The problem is people taking recs seriously. (This applies to both rec-whores and anti-reccers.)
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    04 May '06 08:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I hear "sucky, sucky, 5 recs" nearly every day.

D
    I didn't think Katty was still active here!!
  5. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 14:51
    Bumped
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 17:13
    Seems like some people can't live without recs, uh?
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 17:48
    Originally posted by smiffy
    I think the site should allow Recs in the private forums,what does everyone else think.
    I think it's a great idea! I mean, what's wrong with wanting to rec posts in the private for those who are members of that clan? Each private forum could have it's own recommended posts thread.

If the forum is not particularly active (as the first I've seen) it won't be very interesting since you can easily keep up, but in a forum as active as jalapeño donkey's, it would be useful indeed.

I think that recs in private and public should be split though. And I like the idea noodles presented where the recnumber is removed from the memberinfo and instead only shows up above the posts.

Rec'd posts in the private, shows only in private
    Rec'd posts in the public, shows only in the public
    No member has a total rec-number counter displayed
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 18:30
    just seems a bit narsistic reccing ina forum of just twenty people max. . why don't you's just pat each other in the botty instead ??
  9. Swansea
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 22:38
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    just seems a bit narsistic reccing ina forum of just twenty people max. . why don't you's just pat each other in the botty instead ??
    in the botty?!?! 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree