recs vs slaps

recs vs slaps

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

i have just discovered that we can rec people for good ideas, etc etc..

so.. on the other side of the coin, can we "slap" people if they are nasty, or submiting dumb ideas? i think that will be only fair..

what do we think peeps?

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Peachy
i have just discovered that we can rec people for good ideas, etc etc..

so.. on the other side of the coin, can we "slap" people if they are nasty, or submiting dumb ideas? i think that will be only fair..

what do we think peeps?
Great idea, see my thread http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=22083

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Alcra
Great idea, see my thread http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=22083

cooooool... great minds think a like.. 😉

it nice to see how many recs vs slaps people have.. its only fair, as well as funny...

am givin you a rec for your support!!

m
That would be me

Behind the couch

Moves
14 Apr 05

on the other side of the coin, can we "slap" people if they are nasty, or submiting dumb ideas? i think that will be only fair..
good idea. gets a rec

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

thanks malinga.. 🙂

d

Moves
14 Apr 05

thanks malinga.. 🙂
This idea bites. I've heard more intelligent thought come out of my a$$hole.

Can I have a slap, please? 😉

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
This idea bites. I've heard more intelligent thought come out of my a$$hole.

Can I have a slap, please? 😉
one virtual slap comin your way!

if you always think by using your a$$hole, then you always talk $hit
if i wanna hear $hit, i would have f@rted...

ssssslaaaaaaap!!
🙂

d

Moves
14 Apr 05

one virtual slap comin your way!

if you always think by using your a$$hole, then you always talk $hit
if i wanna hear $hit, i would have f@rted...

ssssslaaaaaaap!!
🙂
Ah, that sting I've come to love.

Seriously though, I think a "slap" system would be a detriment to these forums for the reasons we just demonstrated. It would, no doubt, encourage uncivilized behaviour to an extreme that would most likely see these forums closed.

A good old fashioned snide remark ripe with "industrial language" (thanks PawnCurry 😉) is always an amusing read but I think, generally, we must condone an air of decorum around here. What do you think?

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

Seriously though, I think a "slap" system would be a detriment to these forums for the reasons we just demonstrated. It would, no doubt, encourage uncivilized behaviour to an extreme that would most likely see these forums closed.

A good old fashioned snide remark ripe with "industrial language" (thanks PawnCurry ...[text shortened]... read but I think, generally, we must condone an air of decorum around here. What do you think?
i think then, in fairness, the "rec" system should be removed.

why have one but not the other? where is the balance?

d

Moves
14 Apr 05

i think then, in fairness, the "rec" system should be removed.

why have one but not the other? where is the balance?
The balance is there. Recs are also handed out for negative, nasty, cycnical and sarcastic remarks. Case in point, look at my total or no1marauder's for that matter. There is a certain pleasure in the giving and receiving of the recs. It's a feel-good kind of thing.

That being said, I wouldn't shed any tears if the system were removed but I like it as is.

P

Moves
14 Apr 05

The balance is there. Recs are also handed out for negative, nasty, cycnical and sarcastic remarks. Case in point, look at my total or no1marauder's for that matter. There is a certain pleasure in the giving and receiving of the recs. It's a feel-good kind of thing.

That being said, I wouldn't shed any tears if the system were removed but I like it as is.
you were given recs for funny sacrastic comments, thats good.. they are still positive.. but if some one was truely nasty, or causing trouble for the sake of it, then you'll be able to see that too.. call it "slaps" or "oppose" but i think it will be good to see a balance.. good vs bad..

either way.. am just getting to know the site, so thanks for the input..

here is a rec from me 🙂

td

Local Strip Club

Moves
17 Apr 05

A good old fashioned snide remark ripe with "industrial language" (thanks PawnCurry ...[text shortened]... read but I think, generally, we must condone an air of decorum around here. What do you think?
very good point!