1. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '12 19:48
    I don't know if you have already thought about this, but it would be great to have a RedHotPawn Offline App. I know I would love to have that option when I'm on the subway and there's no internet. The app would store all the games in which it's your move, and memorize the move until it can be submitted to the website when the person goes back online.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Dec '12 23:32
    Originally posted by trumbull2400
    I don't know if you have already thought about this, but it would be great to have a RedHotPawn Offline App. I know I would love to have that option when I'm on the subway and there's no internet. The app would store all the games in which it's your move, and memorize the move until it can be submitted to the website when the person goes back online.
    It sounds like an idea that the site could well take advantage of, there are certainly enough of us that would care to utilise it...or maybe I've missed such an application that's in use 'elsewhere' ??
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 14:42
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    It sounds like an idea that the site could well take advantage of, there are certainly enough of us that would care to utilise it...or maybe I've missed such an application that's in use 'elsewhere' ??
    An interesting idea.

I'm probably going to try to unify iPhone and Android clients, iPhone is currently 100% web app, Android is currently 100% native client.

Both add too much maintenance overhead individually, so I've got my eye on some tech to improve this replacing both existing clients.

Proper offline storage will be available, so your suggestion is quite feasible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree