1. Croydonium
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 16:13
    As well as RHP I also play at gameknot.com. There they have a system by which the timed out player can ask their opponent to continue the game from the point where the timeout occurs.

The opponent has the choice of whether to accpet or not and whichever the case, the initial result (defeat by timeout) always stands. Effectively you would be starting a new game from the old board position.

You are only allowed to do this once per game, and not at all (obviously) during tournament games.

Gameknot also has a system which allows you to actually postpone your games if you go on vacation, but has a limit to the number of vacation days per year to prevent abuse. There is also a limit to the way these days can be used up i.e. if you postpone for ten days, you are then not allow to postpone again until a further ten days have elapsed.

Any thoughts?
  2. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 16:16
    Timed out games can be continued as unrated games from set positions if the other player accepts the challenge.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 01:37
    Originally posted by Dedken
    As well as RHP I also play at gameknot.com. There they have a system by which the timed out player can ask their opponent to continue the game from the point where the timeout occurs.

The opponent has the choice of whether to accpet or not and whichever the case, the initial result (defeat by timeout) always stands. Effectively you would be starting a new ...[text shortened]... you are then not allow to postpone again until a further ten days have elapsed.

Any thoughts?
    So are you saying RHP should adopt gameknot's systems?
  4. Croydonium
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 14:16
    Nope. I just think that they have some ideas that are are useful. RHP is the far superior site, believe me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree