1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 16:11
    Since people seem to have very different opinions on what is permissible in terms of "goading" the issue is easiest cleared by removing that forum.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 00:45
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Since people seem to have very different opinions on what is permissible in terms of "goading" the issue is easiest cleared by removing that forum.
    They would only go somewhere else to squabble.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 01:19
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    They would only go somewhere else to squabble.
    Yes, I reckon the clan forum can go now, I lost interest a long time ago 😉

BUT, if they do try to 'congregate' elsewhere, then ban them all OR make them give a forced public apology...create an RHP 'law' that dictates ''no toleration of 'chatting groups' larger than four people''...
    Ok, maybe a touch harsh, but suitable entirely for the 's(h)yte ideas' thread... PERHAPS lol...
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 01:44
    Clan fights occasionally spill over into other forums, and they should be actively discouraged by moderators if they do. Keep the forum so that people have somewhere to go and "goad" other teams, but don't allow it to contaminate the other forums.
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 19:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Clan fights occasionally spill over into other forums, and they should be actively discouraged by moderators if they do. Keep the forum so that people have somewhere to go and "goad" other teams, but don't allow it to contaminate the other forums.
    You are right! The issue is an inadequate moderation system, not the forum itself. Giving the forum the flick would only result in the mods having to look for offensive posts in a greater number of places, increasing the work they complain about already. Keep the forum and moderate it consistently and transparently.
  6. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 19:31
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Yes, I reckon the clan forum can go now, I lost interest a long time ago 😉

BUT, if they do try to 'congregate' elsewhere, then ban them all OR make them give a forced public apology...create an RHP 'law' that dictates ''no toleration of 'chatting groups' larger than four people''...
    Ok, maybe a touch harsh, but suitable entirely for the 's(h)yte ideas' thread... PERHAPS lol...
    Your loss of interest is not a sound reason for getting rid of it. Clearly many players are interested in the forum, so on your own terms, it should stay. What it needs is transparent, accountable moderation and not a system that produces offensive, dictatorial posts like the most recent edict from the current star chamber. The post itself violates the TOS in that is uses offensive language, is sexist ie discriminatory and a fine example of exactly what moderators should be discouraging.
  7. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 19:39
    Consistency and transparency in the application of sanctions would at least give players a clearer idea of what is acceptable goading and what is not. Inconsistent moderation on the other hand is what has allowed things to get out of control. Lack of consistency has allowed some contributors scope for pushing the envelope to extremes.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 21:03
    Originally posted by drdon
    You are right! The issue is an inadequate moderation system, not the forum itself. Giving the forum the flick would only result in the mods having to look for offensive posts in a greater number of places, increasing the work they complain about already. Keep the forum and moderate it consistently and transparently.
    You and all the others who are squabbling in the clan forum
    have already been told by the Mods that they do not police
    the forums.

They only act if they receive an alert.
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 02:38
    Originally posted by drdon
    Your loss of interest is not a sound reason for getting rid of it. Clearly many players are interested in the forum, so on your own terms, it should stay. What it needs is transparent, accountable moderation and not a system that produces offensive, dictatorial posts like the most recent edict from the current star chamber. The post itself violates the TOS in ...[text shortened]... s sexist ie discriminatory and a fine example of exactly what moderators should be discouraging.
    I was just joking...I really don't mind the clan forum, wellllllllllll, on occasion anyway 😉

You really should be able to complain to other moderators if you feel one in particular is not really 'handling' posts \ certain situations very well. BUT, what can they do.. ? I am aware that the mods are a 'clicky' bunch, or 'tight' together... BUT they have their own favourites like anyone else does...likewise, and most certainly, some mods will lose favour with other mods from time to time...
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 08:38
    No no no no then they'll go into other forums. 😲
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 09:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    No no no no then they'll go into other forums. 😲
    ok you lot convinced me: I pull back my suggestion.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 00:48
    It's one of the funniest places here so why remove it.

A bunch of chimps fighting over a broken toy.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 03:58
    Alternative suggestion: Create in the Clan Forum a sticky thread which lays down what you can say and what you can't say in the Clan Forum, which is a place where normal rules of courtesy should not apply. Include a rule that says mods don't have to visit unless specifically alerted. Then post at your peril ...
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    So, are you saying no one should be goaded in the GF?

I bet a certain GB would be happy with that news! 😉
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 20:27
    I didn't say anything about the GF. This site idea is discussing the Clans forum specifically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree