RHP access from mobile device

RHP access from mobile device

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Nov 05

With the take up of Smart devices amongst so many Internet users, would it not be possible to add smartphone/pda access to make your moves while on the move?

How many times have I wished that I could access RHP to pass the time whilst standing around waiting for my wife to finish her shopping or trying on clothes or whilst stuck in a traffic jam in the UK.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

I have been promising this for a year now, but things are starting to take shape on this front now. It will happen in the near future.

-Russ

Moves
16 Nov 05

Thanks Russ, great to hear and looking forward to being entertained when out and about.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
17 Nov 05

I'd be inclined to buy a pda if this were available.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by zakkwylder
I'd be inclined to buy a pda if this were available.
It's a pity Russ isn't on commission from the PDA makers....

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
17 Nov 05

PDA's are for yuppy scum.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
19 Nov 05

I seem to have posted a similar thread as I didn't see this one sadly.

However, in order to get RHP working fine on the Sony PSP, all we would need is a slightly smaller "small" board option 🙂

Here's hoping 🙂

Regards

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20 Nov 05

You mean the site almost works on a PSP? Are you giving me a GENUINE reason to buy one, so I can test against it????

-Russ

SD
I AM INNOCENT

WRONGLY BANNED

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
You mean the site almost works on a PSP? Are you giving me a GENUINE reason to buy one, so I can test against it????

-Russ
Yeh, board is too big

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
21 Nov 05
2 edits

-Russ
Russ,

Yes, everything works perfectly, even the analayze board!. If you set your board size to "small", you so nearly get the whole thing on the screen but not quite 🙂 Scrolling around is quite easy with the "square" button and the thumb joystick but it WOULD be nice if we could have a slightly smaller board too 🙂

I hear they are difficult to get in the UK at the moment so if you really want to do some testing on one, I'll get you one. You have my e-mail.

edit: This edit posted using PSP!

edit2: This edit not done using PSP because it appears to have a text entry limit which I reached. However, I was going to add that to get the board to nearly fit, you have to set the browser display mode on the PSP to "Just-Fit" and it nearly does!

Moves
06 Dec 05

I have been promising this for a year now, but things are starting to take shape on this front now. It will happen in the near future.

-Russ
On a similar line, Is there any chance of a text only page (which would make it subscriber only, due to no ads), which just shows the side to move, timeout, and position as a FEN?

It ought to be possible to make that readable on almost any screen.

Gezza

Moves
10 Jan 06

actually, by making a very small board available for Windows Mobile devices everything should work fine. Just viewing the board is causing some problems.

Getting excited about the possibility!!???!??!?!!

c
Copyright ©2001-2006

Eastbourne

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by druss
actually, by making a very small board available for Windows Mobile devices everything should work fine. Just viewing the board is causing some problems.

Getting excited about the possibility!!???!??!?!!
I remember . I could view the everything on My NOKIA 6600.

I could see the submit button.But I couldnt submit my moves.

So close.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Jan 06

I have been testing using a very small board with the pending new board code. (Each piece being only 22pixels wide - but any size could feasibly be supported.)

The new board code is JavaScript heavy though, so I suspect it will not work on most mobile devices. This is the reason that I need to prepare another board interface (with less thrills) that will work on all devices at low resolutions soon after the new board code goes live.

-Russ

C

Earth Prime

Moves
12 Jan 06

I have been testing using a very small board with the pending new board code. (Each piece being only 22pixels wide - but any size could feasibly be supported.)

The new board code is JavaScript heavy though, so I suspect it will not work on most mobile devices. This is the reason that I need to prepare another board interface (with less thrills) that will work on all devices at low resolutions soon after the new board code goes live.

-Russ
There is a $500 pocket PC waiting at Circuit City (I already put my phone number in it, just in case any customers are lonely). I am waiting for your word. If the next update will support it, so I can play chess during breaks at work, then I'm going to get it.