1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40173
    28 Jan '18 02:021 edit
    Has this already been brought up? If so, my apologies!

    But 9 is not VIIII.
    4 is not IIII.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    413963
    28 Jan '18 17:57
    Originally posted by @landisqueen170
    Has this already been brought up? If so, my apologies!

    But 9 is not VIIII.
    4 is not IIII.
    Yes 9 should 1X

    4 should be 1V I believe if I remember my roman numerals.

    -VR
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40173
    29 Jan '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Yes 9 should 1X

    4 should be 1V I believe if I remember my roman numerals.

    -VR
    Well, that is certainly better but not quite 😉

    I am pretty sure it's IX and IV.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    413963
    29 Jan '18 03:05
    Originally posted by @landisqueen170
    Well, that is certainly better but not quite 😉

    I am pretty sure it's IX and IV.
    Absolutely right, I stand corrected!

    -VR
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    29 Jan '18 10:04
    The rosettes were not designed to be read as one number, but a collection of separate "awards".

    Clearly this is being misread, and I agree that a V and 4 "I"s is awkward. A redesign will probably be incoming because I think this will be a recurring issue.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35575
    04 Feb '18 21:48
    Originally posted by @russ
    The rosettes were not designed to be read as one number, but a collection of separate "awards".

    Clearly this is being misread, and I agree that a V and 4 "I"s is awkward. A redesign will probably be incoming because I think this will be a recurring issue.
    Good on you, Russ. Even clocks that use "IIII" for four o'clock use "IX" for nine o'clock.
Back to Top