1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 00:58
    The flip board option should be a "must" on a chess site since allows to better visualize your opponent's point of view and helps a lot when calculating his replies,threats,captures,combos in response to my move.
    This feature would be very helpful and appreciated.
  2. Joined
    20 Feb '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 01:57
    I couldn't agree more. In fact, I tried to get the same thing implemented in this thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=27026

Russ, what is the chance of this getting implemented in the future?
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 02:131 edit
    I believe I can recall this function to be present in the beta version of the new board. I don't have a clue where that beta version can be found again, though. And I don't know when the new code will be iimplemented for all.
  4. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 18:06
    Originally posted by Ravello
    The flip board option should be a "must" on a chess site since allows to better visualize your opponent's point of view and helps a lot when calculating his replies,threats,captures,combos in response to my move.
    FLIP-BOARD OPTION, YESSSSS!!!

also, how about an enhanced messenger function so one could communicate with their opponent in real time, independent of whose move it is - Im new to this site, am enjoying it very much, but the messenger seems to be the weak link

thanks, rod porter
  5. London
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 18:44
    Originally posted by RodneyPorter
    FLIP-BOARD OPTION, YESSSSS!!!

also, how about an enhanced messenger function so one could communicate with their opponent in real time, independent of whose move it is - Im new to this site, am enjoying it very much, but the messenger seems to be the weak link

thanks, rod porter
    There are PMs for that. This is a chess site primarily.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 19:25
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I know, I know.

I am almost ashamed to say the new board code was 90% finished in March/April this year, but hasn't been released.

I believe some of the changes I made were a little ambitious to roll out, and I need to recode some of it.

Once the in beta 'my games' page is out there, the board code is back to be my priority again.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 23:32
    Thanks Russ, this feature will be greatly appreciated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree