Search Engines

Search Engines

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Dec 18

If I google “play chess online” from my ipad there are zero hits for rhp in the first two pages. Does everyone else get the same?

Über-Nerd

Moves
03 Dec 18
1 edit

@Russ

Startpage.com does not list RHP even as deep as page six of search results.

Yahoo ditto.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Dec 18
2 edits

@iamatiger said
If I google “play chess online” from my ipad there are zero hits for rhp in the first two pages. Does everyone else get the same?
Try "chess red hot pawn "!

"Play chess online" is another chess site.

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
03 Dec 18

@very-rusty said
Try "chess red hot pawn "!

"Play chess online" is another chess site.

-VR
A person who does not already know of RHP would not search for "red hot pawn"; "play chess online" is a generic search phrase which should return results listing RHP (among others). Russ needs to do some fine tuning with search engines.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 Dec 18

I see it on Page 4 of Google.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 18

A change of site name (a rebrand) would help enormously with SEO. Something I have considered for this very reason so many times over the years - but that would be a very contentious option.

I do have a plan to mitigate the problem somewhat though.

Moves
04 Dec 18
1 edit

@Russ
Found rhp on the 7th page from my android phone this am.

I wonder if we could improve the ranking somewhat ourselves: Perhaps we could access rhp by googling “play chess online” finding rhp, and following the link to play chess.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 18

It is not something an individual could change. Further links out on the web to RHP are the one thing that REALLY helps with search - particularly if they are well ranked themselves on similar search terms.

Über-Nerd

Moves
05 Dec 18

@russ said
It is not something an individual could change. Further links out on the web to RHP are the one thing that REALLY helps with search - particularly if they are well ranked themselves on similar search terms.
@Russ
There are companies which, for a fee, will improve your ranking in order to drive more visitors to your site. But, I suppose you know that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Dec 18
2 edits

I typed in Chess Sites in google then 10 best sites from list and redhotpawn came up 7th on the list one behind Gameknot. I think showing up in the top 10 is excellent. It is always about "what" you type in your search

-VR