Search for notebook comments

Search for notebook comments

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 May 07

I'm still new to this site so forgive me if this has been discussed before...

It seems to me like it would be handy in the My Games screen if you could search not just by opponent names (which are hard for me to remember), but also search for phrases in private "Notebook" comments for each game. That would create a very simple and flexible way for players to categorize their games without having to mess around with folders. For example I could enter something like "Ruy Lopez - Black - Won" in every game in which I won against the Ruy as black, and then quickly generate a list of those games with the search feature if I wanted to review them. Any thoughts?

r

Moves
02 May 07

use a pencil..write it on a piece of paper..has worked for centuries...

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by reinfeld
use a pencil..write it on a piece of paper..has worked for centuries...
True it has worked for centuries, and then someone invented the relational database, some flavor of which must drive this site, and it works much better for searching through data (kind of the whole point of the search feature).

r

Moves
02 May 07

leonardo da vinci did not need a database...nor did paul morphy...try
the paper and pencil...it will free you from the screen and you will find it quite liberating...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
03 May 07

A nice solution for this would be if notes were kept with the PGN. That way you could download your pgn and search it with a simple program like Notepad©

There is an option to get game times, I don't see why getting game notes would be a problem when you download your own games.

P-

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by reinfeld
leonardo da vinci did not need a database...nor did paul morphy...try
the paper and pencil...it will free you from the screen and you will find it quite liberating...
OK, if Da Vinci had had a computer and database the world be a better place today, but that is entirely beside my point. I assume from your comments that you don't use the search feature and perhaps not the other RHP tools for managing your games. I would like to, and I'm suggesting a way to improve them.