1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 06:37
    The "Search Site Content" function seems excruciatingly poor sometimes. For example, these last 24 hours or so, my screen name - plus single words I know I have used on the forums - coughs up zero hits. It's as if it just can't be bothered to help me. 😳
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 08:43
    Perhaps you've only been in the private forums?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 13:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Perhaps you've only been in the private forums?
    I was looking for stuff in the Spirituality Forum.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "Search Site Content" function seems excruciatingly poor sometimes. For example, these last 24 hours or so, my screen name - plus single words I know I have used on the forums - coughs up zero hits. It's as if it just can't be bothered to help me. 😳
    It may be borrowing external tools like Google, and Google's a web-crawl based engine, which means you need to give it a few days to crawl new things.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 08:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    It may be borrowing external tools like Google, and Google's a web-crawl based engine, which means you need to give it a few days to crawl new things.
    I don't know why these robot gadgets can't work at lightning speeds. 😠
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 03:02
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I don't know why these robot gadgets can't work at lightning speeds. 😠
    Because super-conductors haven't yet been invented. 😵
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 05:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What you want to request is for RHP to search its database rather than trying to leverage "Google Custom Search". From what I gather GCS only searches web pages that Google has indexed. As such, it'll always be hit-and-miss as to whether or not you'll be able to find what your searching for no matter how long you wait. Seems like a very high percentage of the time, I can't find what I'm looking for regardless of how long ago it was posted.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 11:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, that's not it!
    It just wants to forget you exist! 😉
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 11:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was looking for stuff in the Spirituality Forum.
    Well, there's nothing there to find anyway! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree