1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 17:21
    There is alot of moderation talk these days and I'm starting to feel a little bad for the folks who do it. If you don 't know who they are then you've been living in a cave for the past few months. Its not easy and they get a lot of abuse, which I admit I contributed to this past weekend.

Personally I don't know what to think about moderation anymore, I'm back and forth but I have no personal issues with any of the current Mods.

Perhaps their identity should be kept hidden. I realize this would require another Moderator vote (or election, which I think is a good idea anyway). These are people that we play against and talk to in the forums, and some people use that knowledge to fire off their thoughts and opinions at them on their latest banning or non-banning or whatever.

So I think it would be a good idea to have another moderator election (nothing against the current Mods), but the identity of them would be kept hidden.

I don't know if this a good idea or not now that i think about it, but its something to think about anyway
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 17:42
    ahem... how do we have a vote and not know who the people are?
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 18:17
    ahem.... you know the list of people that you can vote for, but results are not public. AHEM

out of that whole post, that is the part you question? 😞
  4. The sky
    Moves
    17 Jan '06 18:58
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    There is alot of moderation talk these days and I'm starting to feel a little bad for the folks who do it. If you don 't know who they are then you've been living in a cave for the past few months. Its not easy and they get a lot of abuse, which I admit I contributed to this past weekend.

Personally I don't know what to think about moderation anymore, ...[text shortened]... this a good idea or not now that i think about it, but its something to think about anyway
    I see your point, but I don't think a secret police is a good solution for the problem. That might make it easier for the moderators, but there's already enough secrecy and too little opportunity for the users to get heard. So I would rather suggest to go the other way. People who feel they have been treated unfairly will try everything to get heard anyway. In the current system, they have no way to know who's the right person to address. If I had known who had given me my last ban, I might have been able to sort it out rather quickly and painlessly by addressing that person directly. Instead, I contacted several persons who were not involved, and had a lengthy and unpleasant discussion with a moderator just to find out in the end that it wasn't him who had given me the ban (he could have told me earlier, of course).

Another problem is that one of the moderators is very well known because he posts a lot in the forums himself, so he probably gets a lot more of the abuse than the others (yes, I have probably contributed to that as well, although I tried to be as polite as possible). That would probably get more balanced if the other moderators were more visible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree