Settings to refuse Challenges from Non-Subs

Settings to refuse Challenges from Non-Subs

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
That would be me

Behind the couch

Moves
29 Jul 05

I have nothing against them generally but one dope has sent me 4 challenges in a row. First one I messaged him said I too mnay games and no thanks. Then he just challenged again. 2nd 3rd and 4th I've just deleted and he's sending more

I reduced my max games below my current games so he can't send more but it would be easier with a 'refuse challenges from Non-subs' button...

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
29 Jul 05

Originally posted by malinga
I have nothing against them generally but one dope has sent me 4 challenges in a row. First one I messaged him said I too mnay games and no thanks. Then he just challenged again. 2nd 3rd and 4th I've just deleted and he's sending more

I reduced my max games below my current games so he can't send more but it would be easier with a 'refuse challenges from Non-subs' button...
Good idea,I also would like to have a "Subscribers filter" for incoming challenges.

S

Moves
29 Jul 05

or acceptable challenges. I only play clan and tourney but there are 2 or 3 people i like to play regular games with alot. We should be able to list who specifically we will accept challenges from as well.

c

huntington beach, ca

Moves
29 Jul 05

So a subscriber can't challenge you 10 times in a row?

N

The sky

Moves
29 Jul 05

Originally posted by calicyco
Exactly my thought. Maybe it should be possible to block specific users.

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
30 Jul 05

Originally posted by calicyco
Yes they could, but......
Subscribers normally have used the site for a while, and understand how to use it. They also understand site etiquette - its kind of an unwritten rule that you dont annoy other users by doing things like this.
Also, if a subscriber were to consistently do this they might get booted from the site - they'd lose their subscription. A non-subscriber may act knowingly undesirably as he/she has nothing to lose.
Saying that, i've never had an issue with this (i bet someone does it to me now 😵) and wonder if its just a once off??

S

Moves
30 Jul 05

If that particularperson who challenged you 4times even though you turned down the first challenge, decided to pay and become a sub, would he suddenly not be a dope anymore??

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' 🙂 >

KS

Moves
30 Jul 05

Originally posted by Serendipity
If that particularperson who challenged you 4times even though you turned down the first challenge, decided to pay and become a sub, would he suddenly not be a dope anymore??

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' 🙂 >
Nonsub rec 😏

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
30 Jul 05

Unbelievably posted by malinga

Cor! You're unbelievable.

A
Woodpusher

Oregon

Moves
01 Aug 05

Good idea.

m
That would be me

Behind the couch

Moves
02 Aug 05

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' 🙂 >[/b]
Good point. Maybe ye're right and being able to block games from a user(s) would be better.

d

Moves
02 Aug 05

Good point. Maybe ye're right and being able to block games from a user(s) would be better.
Maybe? 😕

M

Moves
04 Aug 05

I think there should be an option to block challenges from people who have been on this site less than a month or two (subs and non-subs). People who have been on here for longer than 2 months are probably here for a purpose (chess, obviously) that doesn't involve chaos.

Make the troublemakers wait for 2 months, and they'll likely lose interest after that time period.

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
04 Aug 05

Originally posted by MooTheCow
I think there should be an option to block challenges from people who have been on this site less than a month or two (subs and non-subs). People who have been on here for longer than 2 months are probably here for a purpose (chess, obviously) that doesn't involve chaos.

Make the troublemakers wait for 2 months, and they'll likely lose interest after that time period.
Sounds a bit like guilty until proven innocent.

I don't think it would be right to keep some facilities unusable by new users - in particular those subscribing and paying for the service. Its also important that non-subs get to use the facilities available, as that will keep their interest in the site (and hopefully get Russ some more business).

M

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
05 Aug 05

Jeeze!

Is it soo tough to just delete a game?

Do your own dirty work.

RTh