Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member malinga
    That would be me
    29 Jul '05 14:56
    I have nothing against them generally but one dope has sent me 4 challenges in a row. First one I messaged him said I too mnay games and no thanks. Then he just challenged again. 2nd 3rd and 4th I've just deleted and he's sending more

I reduced my max games below my current games so he can't send more but it would be easier with a 'refuse challenges from Non-subs' button...
  2. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    29 Jul '05 15:03
    Originally posted by malinga
    I have nothing against them generally but one dope has sent me 4 challenges in a row. First one I messaged him said I too mnay games and no thanks. Then he just challenged again. 2nd 3rd and 4th I've just deleted and he's sending more

I reduced my max games below my current games so he can't send more but it would be easier with a 'refuse challenges from Non-subs' button...
    Good idea,I also would like to have a "Subscribers filter" for incoming challenges.
  3. 29 Jul '05 15:19
    or acceptable challenges. I only play clan and tourney but there are 2 or 3 people i like to play regular games with alot. We should be able to list who specifically we will accept challenges from as well.
  4. 29 Jul '05 23:27

So a subscriber can't challenge you 10 times in a row?
  5. 29 Jul '05 23:37
    Originally posted by calicyco
    Exactly my thought. Maybe it should be possible to block specific users.
  6. Subscriber noxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    30 Jul '05 07:54
    Originally posted by calicyco
    Yes they could, but......
    Subscribers normally have used the site for a while, and understand how to use it. They also understand site etiquette - its kind of an unwritten rule that you dont annoy other users by doing things like this.
    Also, if a subscriber were to consistently do this they might get booted from the site - they'd lose their subscription. A non-subscriber may act knowingly undesirably as he/she has nothing to lose.
    Saying that, i've never had an issue with this (i bet someone does it to me now ) and wonder if its just a once off??
  7. 30 Jul '05 08:55

If that particularperson who challenged you 4times even though you turned down the first challenge, decided to pay and become a sub, would he suddenly not be a dope anymore??

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' >
  8. 30 Jul '05 22:24
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    If that particularperson who challenged you 4times even though you turned down the first challenge, decided to pay and become a sub, would he suddenly not be a dope anymore??

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' >
    Nonsub rec
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    30 Jul '05 23:17
    Unbelievably posted by malinga

Cor! You're unbelievable.
  10. Standard member Adept
    Woodpusher
    01 Aug '05 11:00

Good idea.
  11. Standard member malinga
    That would be me
    02 Aug '05 11:09

There's good and bad in all walks of life, sub and non sub, so please dont be anti sub just be anti dopes <but not anti 'dope' >[/b]
    Good point. Maybe ye're right and being able to block games from a user(s) would be better.
  12. 02 Aug '05 14:26
    Good point. Maybe ye're right and being able to block games from a user(s) would be better.
    Maybe?
  13. 04 Aug '05 03:46
    I think there should be an option to block challenges from people who have been on this site less than a month or two (subs and non-subs). People who have been on here for longer than 2 months are probably here for a purpose (chess, obviously) that doesn't involve chaos.

Make the troublemakers wait for 2 months, and they'll likely lose interest after that time period.
  14. Subscriber noxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    04 Aug '05 09:36
    Originally posted by MooTheCow
    I think there should be an option to block challenges from people who have been on this site less than a month or two (subs and non-subs). People who have been on here for longer than 2 months are probably here for a purpose (chess, obviously) that doesn't involve chaos.

Make the troublemakers wait for 2 months, and they'll likely lose interest after that time period.
    Sounds a bit like guilty until proven innocent.

I don't think it would be right to keep some facilities unusable by new users - in particular those subscribing and paying for the service. Its also important that non-subs get to use the facilities available, as that will keep their interest in the site (and hopefully get Russ some more business).

M
  15. Standard member Ringtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    05 Aug '05 01:14
    Jeeze!

Is it soo tough to just delete a game?

Do your own dirty work.

RTh