1. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 14:47
    I'm well aware of the limitations of the point system, but it's a good starting point.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 08:27
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Some of my favorites added the following functionality:

- Display the FEN below any game board.
    - Display the material difference for any game board position. For example, +3 means white is up a Bishop, or 3 pawns, or equivalent. If Black is up a Rook, it should be -5.
    - Add a link to the first board page that allows you to get the PGN/FEN without having to go to the "game history" page.
    Although not styled yet, the bottom right of every board has a tabbed area like this :

http://www.redhotpawn.com/rhp2012-tabs.jpg

This includes PGN + FEN, and I will add the material score too.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 08:51
    You're very unkind to poor User 53356, you've only ever let him win once in 20-odd games. :'(
  4. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 20:15
    Some of my favorites added the following functionality:

- Display the FEN below any game board.
    - Display the material difference for any game board position. For example, +3 means white is up a Bishop, or 3 pawns, or equivalent. If Black is up a Rook, it should be -5.
    - Add a link to the first board page that allows you to get the PGN/FEN without having to go to the "game history" page.
    FEN beneath board: http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/game.user.js

Material Difference: http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/piececount.user.js

+ # if you are up in material.
    - # if you are down in material.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 16:24
    Make the pawn count a button. You must press the button to show the count.

The quick 3b ban - 90 wins in a row and the guy never once checked the pawn count!
    Oh, God forbid he should actually look at the board and figure it out.

How about another button where you click it for the pawn count, but you automatically get 50 points taken off your rating if you use it, each time you use it.

Because obviously if you need a button to tell you the pawn count, you probably don't deserve those 50 points.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 18:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, God forbid he should actually look at the board and figure it out.

How about another button where you click it for the pawn count, but you automatically get 50 points taken off your rating if you use it, each time you use it.

Because obviously if you need a button to tell you the pawn count, you probably don't deserve those 50 points.
    Looking at the board and figuring it out is so 90's.

It is more a question of which automaton is going to give the pawn count. I'd rather encourage people to get it from RHP than elsewhere.
  7. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 23:521 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    We have a tabbed section on the side bar on the new UI, I could accommodate this for anyone who wants it.
    Yes, please implement showing the material count in a game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree