1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '05 18:391 edit
    SIEGES, good idea, but it's really lacking that extra something!

Seriously, I like the idea of SIEGE games and I do play in them, but I tend to forget that the games are actually Siege games at all and just think of them as normal friendly games once they're in progress, because the is no recorded consequence of a Siege victory.

If you win a tournament it gets added to you list of accolades on your profile. I propose that Sieges should be recorded somehow too. Perhaps if someone holds a Siege board for 10 consecutive games then they get the Colour portcullis and timeout length displayed on their profile until the next player to hold 10 games consectutively does so.
  2. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    18 Feb '05 19:231 edit
    tis a good idea.
    variation: maybe each type of siege board (1-day, 3-day etc) would have 1 portcullis that goes to the person who's held that type of board for the longest...??
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '05 22:10
    Some kind of medals, or trophy cabinet, ideas have been discussed before (between Chris and myself), and consecutive siege defences would result in these awards. I'm sure I'll get it done when I focus my attention on producing more stats - another future job.

-Russ
  4. West Virginia
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:201 edit
    What about ranking the boards and cascading them so that the lower ones feed into the one above.

The current win/draw rules would still be in effect with these additions:

1. Winning player is added to the queue of the next board up if not already there or playing on that board.

2. A player can only defend one board in that time control, so the lower board would default to the next two players in the queue of that board.

3. New players enter on the lowest board queue.

4. Losing players, optionally, could be added to the queue of the board immediately below the one that they lost.

I believe this will give a ladder type affect to the seiges, and may liven things up a bit on the top seige boards! A pyramid layout would allow for more feeder boards into the top boards.

Good? Bad? Ugly? - yea the movie was on eariler today.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:53
    Originally posted by Drax946
    What about ranking the boards and cascading them so that the lower ones feed into the one above.

The current win/draw rules would still be in effect with these additions:

1. Winning player is added to the queue of the next board up if not already there or playing on that board.

2. A player can only defend one board in that time control, so the lowe ...[text shortened]... e feeder boards into the top boards.

Good? Bad? Ugly? - yea the movie was on eariler today.
    These are interesting ideas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree