1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:10
    I started my first game and had this message after my first move: "Please remember, this is a correspondence chess site, and it may take sometime for you opponent to move. " "Sometime" is used ackwardly here.

This should be "Please remember, this is a correspondence chess site, and it may take some time for you opponent to move." or perhaps a total rephrasing to make the message more concise.
  2. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    I started my first game and had this message after my first move: "Please remember, this is a correspondence chess site, and it may take sometime for you opponent to move. " "Sometime" is used ackwardly here.

This should be "Please remember, this is a correspondence chess site, and it may take some time for you opponent to move." or perhaps a total rephrasing to make the message more concise.
    Good job you spotted that otherwise thousands of other new players would have been confused.
  3. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 00:551 edit

how about

"Please remember, this is a correspondence chess site, and it may take hell to freeze over for some of your opponents to finally move"
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 03:42
    ...... ackwardly....
    What does ackwardly mean, is it english?
  5. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 03:50
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What does ackwardly mean, is it english?
    Ackward, meaning backward or awkward, appears in archaic dialects, but is not commonly used in modern English, except in the context of bass fishing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree