1. Standard membernonnymoose
    Average Guy
    Chicago, IL
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 05:12
    I've never gotten out of a single round in any kind of tournament. Not even a banded one. One particular tournament woke me up to a problem. In the first round of a banded tournament, I was in a "foursome" and every one of the other players either was....or was recently, several hundred points higher.

I would have even won this years Automn 1300-1399...coming in second to a guy who is now rated over 1600. He WAS rated over 1600 before timing out more than 25 games.

I'm usually in the 1300's....but I have at times cracked into the 1500s (and then get smakced right back down). BUT, my rating falls because I play and LOOSE...not becuase I time out or resign a bunch of games.

The "30 day window" is not enough to weed these guys out.

Lee
  2. Northumberland
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 10:17
    Originally posted by nonnymoose
    I've never gotten out of a single round in any kind of tournament. Not even a banded one. One particular tournament woke me up to a problem. In the first round of a banded tournament, I was in a "foursome" and every one of the other players either was....or was recently, several hundred points higher.

I would have even won this years Automn 1300- ...[text shortened]... r resign a bunch of games.

The "30 day window" is not enough to weed these guys out.

Lee
    I agree. I would like to see ratings taken from 90 days instead of the 30 days we now have.It would give a fairer reflection of the players ability.
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 10:24
    And / or an average rating...
  4. Standard membernonnymoose
    Average Guy
    Chicago, IL
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 14:42
    Originally posted by Aiko
    And / or an average rating...
    Or an appeal process....such that if one of these "sand baggers" wins their victory is stripped from them.

Lee
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 17:19
    Originally posted by nonnymoose
    Or an appeal process....such that if one of these "sand baggers" wins their victory is stripped from them.

Lee
    That'd cause bigger fights than the game mod process.
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:091 edit
    thumping a deceased Equss Caballus
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:46
    Originally posted by rhb
    That'd cause bigger fights than the game mod process.
    Then I'm all for it! Good idea.
  8. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 22:51
    How about tournament moderators? A couple people who go through tournaments and look at people's rating graph to see what they're rating history is. I'll volunteer to be one if nobody else wants to (yes I know I'm unsubscribed but I should have it back within a couple days).
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 22:55
    What we need is more threads about this.
  10. Standard membernonnymoose
    Average Guy
    Chicago, IL
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 04:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What we need is more threads about this.
    Nah...what we need are more posts on threads where the people posting aren't interested in the thread topic. If you aren't interested -- don't read it.

Nonny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree