Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    04 Jan '12 21:16
    I suggest that smileys should be limited in some way as they become irksome when mis- and over-used.
  2. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    04 Jan '12 22:29
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I suggest that smileys should be limited in some way as they become irksome when mis- and over-used.
    absolutely!

    :'(:'(
  3. 04 Jan '12 23:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I suggest that smileys should be limited in some way as they become irksome when mis- and over-used.
    You could say that about anything like

    Starting threads that get under 10 replys
    Posts by certain individuals
    Thumbs up/down
  4. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    07 Jan '12 05:08
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You could say that about anything like

    Starting threads that get under 10 replys
    Posts by certain individuals
    Thumbs up/down
    Or perhaps not letting non-sub-scum post in the Clan Forums!

    I think non-sub-scum should be limited to posting in the GF.

    Then I think there should be a limit to so many posts a day.

    On other chess sites you don't get to post unless you're a paying subscriber.

    I don't think people realize how lucky they are to be able to post.
  5. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    07 Jan '12 14:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I suggest that smileys should be limited in some way as they become irksome when mis- and over-used.
    ...have you guys seen this movie?...
    THE SEVEN DWARF TWINS PLUS ONE
    Happy Grinny
    Sleepy Winky
    Grumpy Mopey
    Sneezy Weepy :'(
    Dopey Puzzley
    Bashful Tongueful
    DOC DOCtwo

    and....... DRUNKEY
  6. 07 Jan '12 17:40
    Originally posted by Very Rusty

    I think

    I don't think
    That's your problem, you try to think but don't think.
  7. Standard member Hand of Hecate
    Merciless Vagabond
    07 Jan '12 19:37
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Or perhaps not letting non-sub-scum post in the Clan Forums!

    I think non-sub-scum should be limited to posting in the GF.

    Then I think there should be a limit to so many posts a day.

    On other chess sites you don't get to post unless you're a paying subscriber.

    I don't think people realize how lucky they are to be able to post.
    Clearly we are blessed that you can post VR.
  8. 07 Jan '12 19:39
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Or perhaps not letting non-sub-scum post in the Clan Forums!

    I think non-sub-scum should be limited to posting in the GF.

    Then I think there should be a limit to so many posts a day.

    On other chess sites you don't get to post unless you're a paying subscriber.

    I don't think people realize how lucky they are to be able to post.
    Lucky? Lol if I couldn't post then, simply put, I wouldn't.
  9. 09 Jan '12 13:24
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Or perhaps not letting non-sub-scum post in the Clan Forums!

    I think non-sub-scum should be limited to posting in the GF.

    Then I think there should be a limit to so many posts a day.

    On other chess sites you don't get to post unless you're a paying subscriber.

    I don't think people realize how lucky they are to be able to post.
    Maybe all us non subs should complain about you labelling us as scum.

    That seems to be a personal attack that is unwarranted.
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    09 Jan '12 17:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Maybe all us non subs should complain about you labelling us as scum.

    That seems to be a personal attack that is unwarranted.
    Non-sub-scum have been called that since before I came to the site.

    A man of stats like yourself should know this!

    Stop whining all the time over petty crap!

    I Sincerely believe non-sub-scum should not be able to post AT ALL!
  11. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    09 Jan '12 17:28
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Lucky? Lol if I couldn't post then, simply put, I wouldn't.
    I would reply: "No great loss"!
  12. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    10 Jan '12 05:05
    I think entertaining posters should be encouraged, whether or not they are subscribers. After all, the absolute worst forum pest on RHP wears a membership star ...
  13. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    10 Jan '12 05:44
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think entertaining posters should be encouraged, whether or not they are subscribers. After all, the absolute worst forum pest on RHP wears a membership star ...
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you aren't the absolute worst pest on RHP!

    What some may call entertaining others may dislike very strongly.

    Have you heard the expression one man's garbage is another man's treasure?
  14. 10 Jan '12 20:55
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Non-sub-scum have been called that since before I came to the site.

    Doesn't make it right though.

    After all we can no longer call a black man a n*****, but they had been called that for many years.
  15. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    10 Jan '12 23:04
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Doesn't make it right though.

    After all we can no longer call a black man a n*****, but they had been called that for many years.
    Apples & Oranges

    You most certainly can not compare the two as equal.