1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:20
    Seen often in PHP forums - with Forum FAQ's etc, i think they'd have use here.

If it can be done my vote is for the following thread to stay at the top of the general board as a learning point for many new to the forum:

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=30402
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 22:53
    With a "Rules of Chess" thread at the top of the Help list.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 21:38
    Seriously though, maybe a good idea to post one of these 'sitckies' at the top of each of the forums to give guidelines on what it should be used for and what is and isn't acceptable forum behaviour. I reckon that they'd be best set so that they can only be posted/amended/added to by forum Mods.

Might help cut down on some of the spam posts I have been contributing to this weekend if the ground-rules are more prominent.

🙂

I'd welcome anyone elses views on this idea.
  4. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 23:52
    Originally posted by rhb
    Seriously though, maybe a good idea to post one of these 'sitckies' at the top of each of the forums to give guidelines on what it should be used for and what is and isn't acceptable forum behaviour. I reckon that they'd be best set so that they can only be posted/amended/added to by forum Mods.

Might help cut down on some of the spam posts I have been co ...[text shortened]... d if the ground-rules are more prominent.

🙂

I'd welcome anyone elses views on this idea.
    You make a good point. I back you on this one all the way.
    No, I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just happen to agree with you on this matter.
  5. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 18:55
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    With a "Rules of Chess" thread at the top of the Help list.
    And "The life and times of IronMan31" at the top of the general....