1. In your face
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 14:30
    I was wondering if it would be possible to have a 'take back move' feature. This would be invaluable in some games where are trying to learn a specific opening or what have you. Cheers, Jimbo.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 15:17
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I was wondering if it would be possible to have a 'take back move' feature. This would be invaluable in some games where are trying to learn a specific opening or what have you. Cheers, Jimbo.
    Or where you were losing. Almost got my rec, then I realised my opponent would have the same option. Games'd never finish!
  3. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 16:18
    for a teaching game (i.e. unrated), then just draw it out or resign and set up a new one at the old position.
    Granted at isn't as easy as what you suggest and scrambles the messages (which is where much of the teaching may be going on), but can be done as things stand if you need to.
  4. In your face
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 20:25
    Originally posted by rhb
    Or where you were losing. Almost got my rec, then I realised my opponent would have the same option. Games'd never finish!
    Well, your opponent would have to agree on the move being taken back of course. One can't just draw a game, it has to be put forward as a proposal. And Toe? How many times would you have to draw out a game and set it up if you were learning a new opening, and how long would it take? I think i still have a valid suggestion.
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 22:14
    as much as i love the idea, as i spot my mistake the second i press Move..
    as much as.. i don't.. its not fair, take your time and consider your options..

in real chess "touch move" applies.. so internet chess should follow the same rules..
  6. Joined
    16 Jul '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 22:21
    Originally posted by Peachy

in real chess "touch move" applies.. so internet chess should follow the same rules..
    It does. By pressing the move button, you release your piece. 🙂
  7. In your face
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 22:29
    Originally posted by Peachy
    as much as i love the idea, as i spot my mistake the second i press Move..
    as much as.. i don't.. its not fair, take your time and consider your options..

I think you are missing the point here. I don't mean an option whereby you can just take back a move without any questions asked. I mean an option like the 'offer draw' option, where, when both party's agree, the move can be taken back, and other possibilities explored. A bit like when you are playing an experimental game with a friend.
  8. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 22:45
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I think you are missing the point here. I don't mean an option whereby you can just take back a move without any questions asked. I mean an option like the 'offer draw' option, where, when both party's agree, the move can be taken back, and other possibilities explored. A bit like when you are playing an experimental game with a friend.
    oh i see now..

sounds good.. here is a rec on the house!
  9. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 23:55
    Yeah, I think so too. In a friendly game, that should be an option. US Chess Live has the same feature, and I like it a lot when playing friendly games.