1. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 02:06
    Has a forum dealing with computer technology been considered? I'm sure there are some pretty tech savvy members here at RHP. There could be pro and con tech discussions, maybe technical advice discussions among others.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 08:32
    I would say it is quite rare for techy conversations here - almost certainly not enough to justify a forum, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Up vote OP, or comment here if you want one - it is really rather trivial to add a public forum.
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 10:26
    Thumb up from me.
    Some great brains on here and most are willing to help
    I still cant get rid of that horrendous bright green background in the club i run need to wear shades when i log on..😎😎
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 14:50
    How about creating a 'technical' or 'geek' club? It sounds like something worth exploring. Within the club you can have a private forum. Plus the club owner has the ability to toss out anyone who is dusruptive. Something to think about, anyway.
  5. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 18:441 edit
    @mwmiller said
    How about creating a 'technical' or 'geek' club? It sounds like something worth exploring. Within the club you can have a private forum. Plus the club owner has the ability to toss out anyone who is dusruptive. Something to think about, anyway.
    There's a good thought. It could be helpful as well as fun. We could keep the sniping down to a dull uproar with the club owner observing and squashing bad behavior.

Members could talk games, game experiences, problem solving glitches, anything involving tech/computers. Even cars!
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 18:54
    @mudfinger said
    Has a forum dealing with computer technology been considered? I'm sure there are some pretty tech savvy members here at RHP. There could be pro and con tech discussions, maybe technical advice discussions among others.
    I don't know that a forum is required, all you have to do is put the question out there and someone will answer it. Lots of people on here with knowledge on anything you may have a questioin about concerning computers. Myself not being one of them. 😉

-VR
  7. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 19:25
    @very-rusty said
    I don't know that a forum is required, all you have to do is put the question out there and someone will answer it. Lots of people on here with knowledge on anything you may have a questioin about concerning computers. Myself not being one of them. 😉

-VR
    I agree VR. I am now convinced mwmiller's club idea would be a good way to go. I'm was just trying to imagine a way to get people together in a somewhat different venue and have some fun and perhaps learn a little from one another.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 20:10
    @mudfinger said
    I agree VR. I am now convinced mwmiller's club idea would be a good way to go. I'm was just trying to imagine a way to get people together in a somewhat different venue and have some fun and perhaps learn a little from one another.
    Does he have a club?

Or are you talking about theRHP Beta testers club Club Home?

That is run by Russ I believe.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 20:43
    @very-rusty said
    Does he have a club?

Or are you talking about theRHP Beta testers club Club Home?

That is run by Russ I believe.
    Only a subscriber can create a club or a clan, but a non-sub is allowed to join a club.

I believe the way it works is that the person who creates a club is the club's administrator, so therefore controls the tournaments, the forum and also decides who is allowed to be a member. They can also kick someone out of the club if they choose to do that.
    (This is all just a guess from me, as I have not ever started a club.)

The problem with general forums is that almost every thread will get hijacked by knot-heads sooner or later, and any interest in trying to continue with the original post conversation is soon lost. It just becomes a slagging contest between the 'usual suspects'.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 21:03
    @mwmiller said
    Only a subscriber can create a club or a clan, but a non-sub is allowed to join a club.

I believe the way it works is that the person who creates a club is the club's administrator, so therefore controls the tournaments, the forum and also decides who is allowed to be a member. They can also kick someone out of the club if they choose to do that.
    (This is all just a ...[text shortened]... l post conversation is soon lost. It just becomes a slagging contest between the 'usual suspects'.
    Yes, I think everyone is aware of that. I didn't think you had a club. Every forum goes off track, I've yet to see one stay on TOPIC!!!

-VR
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 09:54
    I'll create a public forum - if it doesn't work out, then it will be removed.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 10:022 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree