1. Coventry
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 22:22
    I have had trouble logging on to this site in the last few days because everytime I click on RHP in my favourites list an add for google downloads appears which cannot be bypassed. I complained to Google on their website, and they said that they had an account with RHP which allowed advertising, but disallowed the placing of advertisements which interfered with normal site navigation. So if Russ is reading this, you're breaking your contractual agreement with Google mate, put the ad further back in the code feeder chain, where a member can access the site first then be bombarded, otherwise they can't get here at all!....After all that I hope this post makes sense...lol.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 23:01
    Originally posted by Stives
    I have had trouble logging on to this site in the last few days because everytime I click on RHP in my favourites list an add for google downloads appears which cannot be bypassed. I complained to Google on their website, and they said that they had an account with RHP which allowed advertising, but disallowed the placing of advertisements which interfered wi ...[text shortened]... ed, otherwise they can't get here at all!....After all that I hope this post makes sense...lol.
    Have you tried typing the url directly?

Subscribtion = no adverts (plus more games, more features etc)

I see you are in Coventry. Join the club 😞 What did you do to end up here?
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 19:48
    I see NO advertisements here. And I'm a Non-Subscriber.
  4. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 20:16
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    They come around. Seldom, but they'll show once in a while.
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 17:552 edits
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    They come around. Seldom, but they'll show once in a while.
    Nope. Occasionally a green arrow appears when I click for one of my games. I click the green arrow and that's it.

(Perhaps my browser's more intelligent than I thought.)
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 22:03
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    I have that with Gmail. Very strange.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 20:02
    1) We don't serve Google ads on this site, although we have in the past for a brief period.

2) Change your bookmark! I can only assume you have book marked a 'nag' page. I recognise the symptoms because, bizarrely, someone else had done the same recently, which explained why they saw ads AFTER they subscribed. (There was a fair bit of head scratching before they solved that one themselves, thankfully)

So, visit your 'my games' page, then re-save the bookmark.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 00:43
    I'm researching a possible link between people who act like asses when starting a thread and it being discovered that they are at fault later in the thread.

It's looking good.