The placement of google ads............

The placement of google ads............

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Coventry

Moves
14 Oct 05

I have had trouble logging on to this site in the last few days because everytime I click on RHP in my favourites list an add for google downloads appears which cannot be bypassed. I complained to Google on their website, and they said that they had an account with RHP which allowed advertising, but disallowed the placing of advertisements which interfered with normal site navigation. So if Russ is reading this, you're breaking your contractual agreement with Google mate, put the ad further back in the code feeder chain, where a member can access the site first then be bombarded, otherwise they can't get here at all!....After all that I hope this post makes sense...lol.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
14 Oct 05

Originally posted by Stives
I have had trouble logging on to this site in the last few days because everytime I click on RHP in my favourites list an add for google downloads appears which cannot be bypassed. I complained to Google on their website, and they said that they had an account with RHP which allowed advertising, but disallowed the placing of advertisements which interfered wi ...[text shortened]... ed, otherwise they can't get here at all!....After all that I hope this post makes sense...lol.
Have you tried typing the url directly?

Subscribtion = no adverts (plus more games, more features etc)

I see you are in Coventry. Join the club 😞 What did you do to end up here?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
15 Oct 05

I see NO advertisements here. And I'm a Non-Subscriber.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
15 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
They come around. Seldom, but they'll show once in a while.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
16 Oct 05
2 edits

Originally posted by zakkwylder
They come around. Seldom, but they'll show once in a while.
Nope. Occasionally a green arrow appears when I click for one of my games. I click the green arrow and that's it.

(Perhaps my browser's more intelligent than I thought.)

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
16 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
I have that with Gmail. Very strange.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Oct 05

1) We don't serve Google ads on this site, although we have in the past for a brief period.

2) Change your bookmark! I can only assume you have book marked a 'nag' page. I recognise the symptoms because, bizarrely, someone else had done the same recently, which explained why they saw ads AFTER they subscribed. (There was a fair bit of head scratching before they solved that one themselves, thankfully)

So, visit your 'my games' page, then re-save the bookmark.

-Russ

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 Oct 05

I'm researching a possible link between people who act like asses when starting a thread and it being discovered that they are at fault later in the thread.

It's looking good.