1. Joined
    12 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 10:16
    In addition to the concerns I listed in The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea ... the actual vote itself was severely flawed:

People nominated themselves
    They were not required to provide any form of identification
    (they have remained anonymous throughout)
    The were not required to provide verifiable outside (USCF, FIDE, etc.) titles or ratings
    They were not required to provide a chess resume, or list their 'cheating' experience or skills in any way
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 10:20
    Originally posted by Kranium
    In addition to the concerns I listed in The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea ... the actual vote itself was severely flawed:

People nominated themselves
    They were not required to provide any form of identification
    (they have remained anonymous throughout)
    The were not required to provide verifiable outside (USCF, FIDE, etc.) titles or ratings
    ...[text shortened]... t required to provide a chess resume, or list their 'cheating' experience or skills in any way
    Russ asked for volunteers and then set up a community vote. Hundreds of the most active users voiced their preferences. Your one man crusade against the Game Mod concept, approved by 90% of those who voted, is getting tiresome. When you own your own chess site then you can make the rules, but Russ does here. He wants the Game Mods, so do 90% of the people here, other chess sites have similar systems in place and we're going to get them, so deal with it.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 11:09
    the vote in iraq will be fundamentally flawed,
    the votes in the u.s. have been fundamentally flawed,
    of course the cheat police vote will be too.

life is fundamentally flawed.

flaws are life.

live with it.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 11:51
    Originally posted by flexmore
    the vote in iraq will be fundamentally flawed,
    the votes in the u.s. have been fundamentally flawed,
    of course the cheat police vote will be too.

life is fundamentally flawed.

flaws are life.

live with it.
    your logic is flawed....

sorry could'nt resist.

Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.
  5. Joined
    12 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 12:18
    Originally posted by Nyxie

Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.
    This would effectively weed out fakes, psycopaths, and murderers 😉, etc.
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 12:18
    Originally posted by Nyxie with flawed spelling
    ..... Why should they have to provide "indenification, ratings, blah blah"? There is no reason I can think of that requires I know thier name adress uscf rating etc.
    proving to have had a high fide rating means $#!+.
    bobby fischer could prove to have had a high rating ... probably bigger than anyone else on this site.
    i would not want him as a mod ... he has no credibility.

if bobby was to generate a r.hp. personality that seemed consistent and sensible and concerned over a long period ... then i might put some trust in that personality ...
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 23:03
    Originally posted by Kranium
    This would effectively weed out fakes, psycopaths, and murderers 😉, etc.
    So anyone with an identification, address, and chess rating is automatically, not a psycopath, muderer, or fake?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree