1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 19:43
    Allows creation of clubs where all games are thematic. For example, let's say I want to create a club to study the Sicilian Najdorf. All games in the club would begin from that initial position.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 02:35
    Originally posted by petrovitch
    Allows creation of clubs where all games are thematic. For example, let's say I want to create a club to study the Sicilian Najdorf. All games in the club would begin from that initial position.
    Great Idea...I have buggered up more than one of those thematic tourneys!!
  3. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 05:16
    in fact, i've started a club like that (Club 217) and asked for this very change. it's supposed to be in the pipeline, and would indeed be a great help to us, as people seem to have trouble conforming to just a few prescribed moves in a tournament.

at the same time, we'd like to have the option of making thematic tournaments rated or unrated.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 04:00
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    in fact, i've started a club like that (Club 217) and asked for this very change. it's supposed to be in the pipeline, and would indeed be a great help to us, as people seem to have trouble conforming to just a few prescribed moves in a tournament.

at the same time, we'd like to have the option of making thematic tournaments rated or unrated.
    Good Idea!

What usually happens in my case is in openings I usually blitz, as I play same openings. I can see the chess board and pieces but not the the thematic unless I scroll up, which is why I usually bugger it up.
  5. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 17:471 edit
    i'd like to keep this on the agenda. at present, Thematic Tournaments Inc. Club has about 30 members, and 12 thematic tournaments in progress. However, many members tend to have trouble keeping to the prescribed opening moves (because they're in blitz mode, or whatever), so if this could be set up by the club admin (me) when setting up the tournament, it would be a great help.

Club 217
  6. Standard memberBobby Chess
    Anaconda Squeeze
    Lucena City
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 03:14
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    i'd like to keep this on the agenda. at present, Thematic Tournaments Inc. Club has about 30 members, and 12 thematic tournaments in progress. However, many members tend to have trouble keeping to the prescribed opening moves (because they're in blitz mode, or whatever), so if this could be set up by the club admin (me) when setting up the tournament, it would be a great help.

Club 217
    I second the motion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree