1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 04:43
    suggest that the thumbs up and thumbs down status of threads be made visible on the listing page, visible prior to the actual opening of the thread

reason - just opened a worthless thread that had one thumbs down thread prior to the one that i gave it. This would be a site enhancement

by the way, this will only work if the information posted applies only to paid subs thumbs
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 00:11
    hey coquette!
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 00:12
    Originally posted by Red Night
    hey coquette!
    yo red D
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 00:38
    it has been a while. hope you are doing great?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 09:10
    Originally posted by coquette
    suggest that the thumbs up and thumbs down status of threads be made visible on the listing page, visible prior to the actual opening of the thread

reason - just opened a worthless thread that had one thumbs down thread prior to the one that i gave it. This would be a site enhancement

by the way, this will only work if the information posted applies only to paid subs thumbs
    Some of the best threads on the entire site pull in the most thumbs down.

I'm not against your proposal, just disagree with your rational.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 19:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Some of the best threads on the entire site pull in the most thumbs down.

I'm not against your proposal, just disagree with your rational.
    good point . . .
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 20:152 edits
    Originally posted by coquette

This really can't be done because threads don't get thumb votes, only individual posts do.

And surely a tally of thumbs up/thumbs down of all the individual posts in a thread wouldn't be of a lot of use to see before you even open the thread. Some posts just flat-out deserve to be voted down, and that doesn't mean the whole thread is worthless.

The only way I can see this idea working if it is made known that a vote on the OP is a vote on the thread, and then maybe show only that post's vote in the thread list.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree