1. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 13:25
    I feel that the time bank should not start counting down if the game has not begun. I had been challenged to a game but had declined to start it till after I had returned from a weeks holidays because I didn't want to run down the time bank. I started it when I returned without realizing that may time bank had been run down to 10 hrs. The game has dragged and will not be finished by the long weekend and I will most likely end up timed out because I will be away and I have not used a minute of time bank since I started the game.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 15:23
    Originally posted by Nighthawk62
    I feel that the time bank should not start counting down if the game has not begun. I had been challenged to a game but had declined to start it till after I had returned from a weeks holidays because I didn't want to run down the time bank. I started it when I returned without realizing that may time bank had been run down to 10 hrs. The game has dragge ...[text shortened]... out because I will be away and I have not used a minute of time bank since I started the game.
    If you lose, of any reason, prior to the seond move, then you will not lose any rating points, so it does not really matters.

If it is a tournament game, it's only fair that the game cannot drag out to infinity just because one player doesn't start his first move. The round must go on.

I think it is good as it currently is.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 18:30
    Originally posted by Nighthawk62
    I feel that the time bank should not start counting down if the game has not begun. I had been challenged to a game but had declined to start it till after I had returned from a weeks holidays because I didn't want to run down the time bank. I started it when I returned without realizing that may time bank had been run down to 10 hrs. The game has dragge ...[text shortened]... out because I will be away and I have not used a minute of time bank since I started the game.
    The games start when the games arrive in your box. If you frequently need to use vacation and take long weekends consider playing games with longer time options, not change an important rule.

Clocks tick right away, and should as FabianFnas has pointed out.

P-
  4. Joined
    31 Mar '10
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 22:13
    Just click the can if you don't want the game.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '10 05:57
    explain what happened to the other player. most players don't take the skull when reasonable explanations are provided courteously.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Sep '10 12:582 edits
    Originally posted by coquette
    explain what happened to the other player. most players don't take the skull when reasonable explanations are provided courteously.
    Not a bad idea... but...

Some are understanding for sure, but there is nothing wrong with skulling a game on time at RHP, the clock is up to the user to keep track of. We shouldn't say this user is 'Not Understanding' or 'Discourteous' if they play the game on by the agreed time controls.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree