1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 09:34
    I would like to know an opponents Time Zone. It has to do a little with planning the moves and the games.

Also, when I find a person, say from China, I would like to know if he actually is playing from China or from New York.

I play from Sweden at Time Zone +1 but the majority of my opponents play from US with Time Zone -4 to -7. Therefore my morning activities is nearly dead as Americans tend to sleep at their nightly hours.

So if I play with opponents in the same Time Zone or eastwards then I can have activities around the clock. I would like to spread out my opponents around the globe if it’s possible.

I've asked before - does the flag represent location or nationality? - and have got the answer – One can't tell!
    The Time Zone information is thus more informative than what the flag is.

Suggestion - Show also players Time Zone in the players profile.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 17:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like to know an opponents Time Zone. It has to do a little with planning the moves and the games.

Also, when I find a person, say from China, I would like to know if he actually is playing from China or from New York.

I play from Sweden at Time Zone +1 but the majority of my opponents play from US with Time Zone -4 to -7. Therefore my mornin ...[text shortened]... ive than what the flag is.

I agree -
    it should be stated relative to GMT [or UTC] though, as I 've seen people say their timezone is PST, MP3 or BBC or something which means little or nothing to anyone except the people IN that timezone.
  3. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 17:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

So if I play with opponents in the same Time Zone or eastwards then I can have activities around the clock. I would li ...[text shortened]... ive than what the flag is.

Agreed. As a Scottish person who now lives in China I have noticed the difference in patterns of when players play from my (GMT+7) perspective. It would be nice to have an option for 'Location, if different from chosen flag'.

Not really essential, but a good idea, and that's what this forum is all about, isn't it? :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree