1. home
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:55
    What do you think: Is it a good or a bad idea to have the option to time the move you want. Say if I want to make my move at a specified time in the future, and then set the wanted time for the move to be made.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 17:30
    Originally posted by dsmfire
    What do you think: Is it a good or a bad idea to have the option to time the move you want. Say if I want to make my move at a specified time in the future, and then set the wanted time for the move to be made.
    Why is this needed?
  3. home
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 17:38
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Why is this needed?
    For instance when leaving for a few days and having two more days till timeout, and want to use the days before moving and not need to use vacation because the rest of the games are well within time limit.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 12:07
    In fact I think the vacation days are quite generous, and I don't think that there should be even more of them. As I see things most people don't use up their allowance, and those who do are mainly stallers. The stalling could improve quite a bit with your suggestion.

Or was your suggestion to replace the vacation?
  5. home
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 19:34
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    In fact I think the vacation days are quite generous, and I don't think that there should be even more of them. As I see things most people don't use up their allowance, and those who do are mainly stallers. The stalling could improve quite a bit with your suggestion.

Or was your suggestion to replace the vacation?
    No, not to replace the vacation.
    Just a thought leaving home for some days, and still wanting to plan moves while gone.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 19:48
    So effectively what you are proposing is the ability to save you some holiday time?
  7. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '09 13:15
    No, not to replace the vacation.
    Just a thought leaving home for some days, and still wanting to plan moves while gone.
    Doing something like this could replace vacation.

Currently only subs get vacation, but having this feature could be beneficial to all, even if only subs get the feature. Everyone moves within the agreed timeout+timebank, without exception. This means games are more predictable for non-subs too.

By moving at the last possible moment before the timebank starts, subs effectively get more time in which to make their following move, similar to vacation.

It would also avoid issues with e.g. 0 timeout 30 timebank games, where the whole thing needs to be played at once, unless you have vacation.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:44
    The idea makes perfect sense and should be implemented. rec'd
  9. Blighty
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 01:15
    Cracking idea - should be able to be done with conditional moves too.
  10. home
    Moves
    27 Feb '09 18:49
    Originally posted by adramforall
    So effectively what you are proposing is the ability to save you some holiday time?
    No not so. In some tournaments or clangames, move rate and time left might be an issue. The opportunity to move close to the time limit might therefore be something to consider.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree