1. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 14:54
    I dug around and didn't see specifically if there is work on a feature where a new player that has not moved since the day he/she signed up should have different timeout rules than regular users of the site.

Say a player signed up Jan 10 and made a bunch of moves that day (to get past the point where a game can be deleted) but now has not moved since Jan 10. Can it be assumed they were on the site for a whim and not really going to come back? Is there a way to offer a control over games like that to win by special timeout or to simply delete the game if the player doesn't move and doesn't respond to messages?

It's not so much about winning games by timeout so much as gaining control back from games that get stuck when one player loses interest in the site.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 22:16
    Originally posted by coacho
    I dug around and didn't see specifically if there is work on a feature where a new player that has not moved since the day he/she signed up should have different timeout rules than regular users of the site.

Say a player signed up Jan 10 and made a bunch of moves that day (to get past the point where a game can be deleted) but now has not moved since Jan 1 ...[text shortened]... s gaining control back from games that get stuck when one player loses interest in the site.
    Patience, you will win in the end if they don't move.
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 08:40
    Originally posted by rhb
    Patience, you will win in the end if they don't move.
    That isn't his issue though, winning the game. It's the fact that he's stuck with a game that for all intents and purposes is over, yet he can't get rid of it until the timebank runs out. It's not a problem for us subs because we can have as many games as we wish, but non-subs are limited to six at a time. Still, I doubt Russ is going to do anything that would give non-subs another reason not to subscribe.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 14:46
    play with a 1 day timeout 7 day timebank or just with a 3 day timeout. this gives your opponent a few days to make more moves without wasting a lot of time on a dead game if he doesn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree