Timeouts

Subscriberraiox
Site Ideas 25 Jan '08 22:59
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 22:59
    I think an indication of the percentage number of timeouts over the last 50/100 games could be useful. If the figure is high it can indicate that the rating is artificially low. It could be used as a restriction for entering banded tournaments - if your timeout percentage is above say 20% then you can't entered banded tournaments. If you want to sandbag then you have to put a little more effort in and resign your games.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 23:25
    Originally posted by raiox
    I think an indication of the percentage number of timeouts over the last 50/100 games could be useful. If the figure is high it can indicate that the rating is artificially low. It could be used as a restriction for entering banded tournaments - if your timeout percentage is above say 20% then you can't entered banded tournaments. If you want to sandbag then you have to put a little more effort in and resign your games.
    If I were of that kind of getting a series of timeouts to lose a certain quantity of rating points in order to let me into a lower banded tournament to win - then I could as likely resign to lose the same quantity of rating points.

To lose points, i.e. sandbagging, is equally easy by be skulled out as resigning games.

One benefit of the time out statistics would be that i wouldn't ever want this kind of member into my clan without a sufficiently plausible explanation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree