1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 00:532 edits
    If we could come up with a way to stop changing the email address. You see, multi accounters just make their email something like jfgldfg@djfdks.com and then make a new account with their real email.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a way to stop this by altering the email system...?

Maybe if when you change your email address, an email is sent to the new email address to confirm email address change. Then, if it is not confirmed, the email address stays the same - therefore they cannot make another account (or does it let you make 2 accounts with the same email address --> if so, this needs changed.) This would at least reduce multi accounters significantly.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 01:13
    Originally posted by Ramned
    If we could come up with a way to stop changing the email address. You see, multi accounters just make their email something like jfgldfg@djfdks.com and then make a new account with their real email.

Maybe if when you change your email address, an email is sent to the new em ...[text shortened]... ress --> if so, this needs changed.) This would at least reduce multi accounters significantly.
    email addresses are 2 a penny and free. @yahoo - @gmail etc etc etc.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 13:06
    Originally posted by Ramned

Maybe if when you change your email address, an email is sent to the new em ...[text shortened]... ress --> if so, this needs changed.) This would at least reduce multi accounters significantly.
    What makes you think they use a fake one, and switch to their normal one? I'd be surprised if this was the case, since it would be VERY easy for the admins to locate these people IF they did that.

They don't.

P-
  4. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 17:23
    Yeah, what Phlab said.

Also, I have somewhere around 6 email addresses, 3 of which are not hotmail/google/yahoo/mail.com free ones, they are unique domains. On top of that, various friends and relatives of mine have domains registered to them, so I could make 10 different accounts or so, with emails at different, non free domains and no one would be the wiser, changing to false emails is not neccesary.

There is no real way to prevent the creation of multiple accounts, we'll just have to live with it and only trust people who seem to actually play.
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 19:26
    allright. I'm glad they caught ToolBar. He was bad with 3(c) as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree