1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:17
    Since it's quite sometime that I didn't updated the thread ''overview all tournaments'' (someone remembers it?),
    I asked to russ if it's possible to have a page where all tournament winners are listed as soon as a tourny finishes.
    I think it would be nice to have a Rhp tournaments Hall of Fame,what do you think?
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:41
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Since it's quite sometime that I didn't updated the thread ''overview all tournaments'' (someone remembers it?),
    I asked to russ if it's possible to have a page where all tournament winners are listed as soon as a tourny finishes.
    I think it would be nice to have a Rhp tournaments Hall of Fame,what do you think?
    hey rav ...i tried to make something along these lines but a little easier to update ...
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=19033&page=2
    is it not to your liking :'(
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 21:05
    Originally posted by flexmore
    hey rav ...i tried to make something along these lines but a little easier to update ...
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=19033&page=2
    is it not to your liking :'(
    Yes,I don't like it because it contains only the big guys victories,who often find themselves winning grouped random tournaments beating people skilled far under their level.

What's the credit in winning a group where they have ,let's say, a 1800,a 1600 and a 1400,and their are rated 2200......................
    Yeah,sure,every 10-15 games they have to face the odd 2000 rated,but where's the glory in it?
    I want to see'em face in a 2000+ tournament,but when this kind of tourny was opened ,almost no one entered it because they were chickening about losing their precious rating points.

I want to have a page where ALL tournament winners are listed,not the elitist list you've made.
  4. Gloucestershire , UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 23:09
    I want to see'em face in a 2000+ tournament,but when this kind of tourny was opened ,almost no one entered it because they were chickening about losing their precious rating points.
    whenever i notice two higher rated players against each other in the first round of tournament they tend to draw both of their games within 20 or so moves
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 04:28
    gets a rec 😉
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 09:471 edit
    Yes,I don't like it because it contains only the big guys victories,who often find themselves winning grouped random tournaments beating people skilled far under their level.

What's the credit in winning a group where they have ,let's ...[text shortened]... L tournament winners are listed,not the elitist list you've made.
    ok i am listening ... and learning.
    i will now also try to have a hall of fame only for players winning tournaments with a minimum rating and no maximum rating.

but i will not have the banded tourneys with a maximum rating - they are too often won innapropriately and randomly by players who are underrated ... i do not want to glorify that behaviour ... it only demonstrates a large fluctuation in ratings.
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 10:551 edit
    I want to have a page where ALL tournament winners are listed,not the elitist list you've made.
    please feel free to do so inside the thread i am using.

maybe it should be called the "HALLS OF FAME" 😉

ps i respect ironman's entry into the big tournaments: he is saying openly to everyone "here i am, we can play, everyone and anyone, let's sort it out on the board!"
    the strong players get a chance to play him for the glory, and so do us weaker players - just to learn a lesson.

pps i agree about the smaller open rating tournaments, ridiculously even i won one 😲
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 18:22
    Originally posted by flexmore
    please feel free to do so inside the thread i am using.

maybe it should be called the "HALL[b]S
    OF FAME" 😉

ps i respect ironman's entry into the big tournaments: he is saying openly to everyone "here i am, we can play, everyone and anyone, let's sort it out on the board!"
    the strong players get a chance to play him for the glory, and so d ...[text shortened]... sson.

pps i agree about the smaller open rating tournaments, ridiculously even i won one 😲
    [/b]
    The best was the thread ''Overview all tournaments'' but I didn't updated it since months,let's see if I can catch up in the week end...................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree