Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    18 Jan '07 10:47
    If the TER was used to set up challenges they would be fairer.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Jan '07 14:15
    Originally posted by invigorate
    If the TER was used to set up challenges they would be fairer.
    Tell your clan leader to use them.

P-
  3. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    19 Jan '07 10:16
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But I'm a clan leader. When setting a challenge each player has their actual rating next to their name. Tournie ratings are more representative of their true level.

If Players on the challenge were underlined it would b easy to check their profile and therefore big rating variances - bt until this happens tournie ratings would help assure the match you are setting up is a fair one.
  4. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    19 Jan '07 10:30
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But I'm a clan leader. When setting a challenge each player has their actual rating next to their name. Tournie ratings are more representative of their true level.

If Players on the challenge were underlined it would b easy to check their profile and therefore big rating variances - bt until this happens tournie ratings would help assure the match you are setting up is a fair one.
    Use the grease monkey scripts! There are a host of added features that make setting up challenges much quicker!
  5. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    19 Jan '07 12:37
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Use the grease monkey scripts! There are a host of added features that make setting up challenges much quicker!
    WOW! - I heard various grease monkey stories over the last 5 years. It always sounded a bit techy for me. But it really is great.

It does beg the question as to why these features aren't available on the site generally.