1. Joined
    05 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 19:40
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the hopes of finishing it in one sitting, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
  2. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 21:46
    Use blitz.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 22:49
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    Use blitz.
    Crap, before I could make any jokes about 'and wouldn't it be great if the interface updated the move instantly, so I don't have to pound away at the F5 key so much?'
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 14:07
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    Use blitz.
    Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 15:08
    Originally posted by macattack777
    Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
    So really we should add ratings to the blitz. Like all the other blitz sites.
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '14
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 08:20
    Blitz games don't count for a rating?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 23:45
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
    OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 02:06
    Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?
  9. Here
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 07:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.
    Are you an Eagles fan ?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 15:091 edit
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
    Sorry. I forgot I already responded to this guy.

😳
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?
    It's just a saying. I think it originally started as someone trying to put down New Yorkers for their impatience.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by padger
    Are you an Eagles fan ?
    Why do you ask?
  13. Here
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do you ask?
    It's one of their songs "A New York Minute"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree