Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 10 Mar '14 19:40
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the hopes of finishing it in one sitting, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
  2. 10 Mar '14 21:46
    Use blitz.
  3. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    10 Mar '14 22:49
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    Use blitz.
    Crap, before I could make any jokes about 'and wouldn't it be great if the interface updated the move instantly, so I don't have to pound away at the F5 key so much?'
  4. 11 Mar '14 14:07
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    Use blitz.
    Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    11 Mar '14 15:08
    Originally posted by macattack777
    Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
    So really we should add ratings to the blitz. Like all the other blitz sites.
  6. 12 Mar '14 08:20
    Originally posted by macattack777
    Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
    Blitz games don't count for a rating?
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Apr '14 23:45
    Originally posted by macattack777
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
    OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

    This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

    Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.
  8. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Apr '14 02:06
    Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?
  9. 20 Apr '14 07:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

    This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

    Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.
    Are you an Eagles fan ?
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Apr '14 15:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by macattack777
    So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
    Sorry. I forgot I already responded to this guy.

  11. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?
    It's just a saying. I think it originally started as someone trying to put down New Yorkers for their impatience.
  12. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by padger
    Are you an Eagles fan ?
    Why do you ask?
  13. 25 Apr '14 06:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do you ask?
    It's one of their songs "A New York Minute"