1. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 23:49
    What about the idea of allowing "trusted" members to put URLs in their posts. For example if the person has made over 10,000 moves on RHP, or been a paid member for x number of years, they are allowed to put a URL in their posts.

I understand that you don't want people spamming, but it is a pain to have to copy and paste a URL into a browser, when certain people should be allowed to do this.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 07:33
    Originally posted by TimmyBx
    What about the idea of allowing "trusted" members to put URLs in their posts. For example if the person has made over 10,000 moves on RHP, or been a paid member for x number of years, they are allowed to put a URL in their posts.

I understand that you don't want people spamming, but it is a pain to have to copy and paste a URL into a browser, when certain people should be allowed to do this.
    Good idea. Define "trusted".
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 08:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    rhp gerbil turnabout... everyone gets to keep a gerbil for a week, if the gerbil is returned in the same condition you are perceived to be 'trusted'.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 11:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    the site doesn't define it on the 'sign up' page here beyond you merely becoming a 'trusted member of the site'...certainly pm's should be allowed for url's, the public forum i'm not so sure..perhaps a 'provisional trusted member' could be considered, allowed to post url's after say 12mths of membership..why not lol...
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 19:09
    Originally posted by TimmyBx

What about a fully paid member for 3 years, who has only made 4,000 moves but then decides to not renew their membership but still plays on the site.

Would they remain a "trusted member" or would that "trusted member" option lapse?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 22:38
    Originally posted by adramforall
    What about a fully paid member for 3 years, who has only made 4,000 moves but then decides to not renew their membership but still plays on the site.

Would they remain a "trusted member" or would that "trusted member" option lapse?
    the site definition applies I would guess, therefore you must be a subscriber...
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 18:26
    Get rid of this space abortion too http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/clanchallenges.php?cid=24824
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 08:56
    I will add URLs out from the forums, but probably use Facebook style "You are leaving the site" warning beforehand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree