1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 21:05
    I want this site to have a policy that new users should fill out some forms and other stuff which takes say 10 minutes before they can use Rhp.

This would prevent no good people, you know who, from creating an account and spamming. If they have to waste 10 min filling out form before spamming they might think twice.

What do you think?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '06 07:58
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I want this site to have a policy that new users should fill out some forms and other stuff which takes say 10 minutes before they can use Rhp.

This would prevent no good people, you know who, from creating an account and spamming. If they have to waste 10 min filling out form before spamming they might think twice.

What do you think?
    This is surely a good way to avoid spammers.
    It is also a good way to hinder new good members as well.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 21:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is surely a good way to avoid spammers.
    It is also a good way to hinder new good members as well.
    I realize that but who really cares.

They can spend the extra 10 minutes and that shows dedication.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 21:57

Who really cares?
    Well, everyone of us, including the ones trying to finance the RedHotPawn site. In order to deverlop the site to become better than it is now we have to have more of the good kind of paying members. These comes from the non-subscribing members becoming a subscribing member. By hindering them so not the bad kind of members, the spamming ones, can't enter, or won't enter, perhaps is to expensive to the RHP owners, and us.
  5. Earth Prime
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 22:30
    perhaps non-subs should have to spend 10 minutes filling out forms before making a thread.

Besides, google already has auto-form-filler-outers. Your idea doesn't hurt spammers, only people that want to sign up for chess.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 01:19
    And before anyone suggests it RHP does not need a Turing test for creating an account or logging in.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Nov '06 16:20

This is one of the worst ideas ever.

Your notion of dedication is bizarre if you think it is something that ought to be exhibited by a first-time user toward the site.

I can't remember the last time I spent ten minutes completing an online registration. I'm not sure that I ever have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree