User name changes for subscribers

User name changes for subscribers

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Feb 11

There has been a bit of discussion in a couple of forums this last week regarding being able to change your user name. Some circumstances seem to allow for it, others not. Some people have names which were either poorly conceived or have simply become tired and inappropriate.

My idea is that 'subscribers' should be allowed to change their name periodically although previous user names should always be visible in their profile; this is similar to eBay's protocol of changing your membership name on their site.

Read a book!

Moves
19 Feb 11

Originally posted by divegeester
There has been a bit of discussion in a couple of forums this last week regarding being able to change your user name. Some circumstances seem to allow for it, others not. Some people have names which were either poorly conceived or have simply become tired and inappropriate.

My idea is that 'subscribers' should be allowed to change their name perio ...[text shortened]... r profile; this is similar to eBay's protocol of changing your membership name on their site.
Great idea! Changes could be restricted to once a year.

Australia

Moves
20 Feb 11

How about a small one-time charge for name changes? Then I'm sure they'd be allowed.

Read a book!

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
How about a small one-time charge for name changes? Then I'm sure they'd be allowed.
How much did you pay for yours?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 11

What would that do to ignore lists, buddy lists and when just looking to avoid people in tournies. What about the gbaway script?

Say you took time away from the site and came back looking for familiar friends and all their names changed?

I don't think players should be allowed to change their user names.

r

Moves
20 Feb 11

if they were your friends they would contact you.

if they were not they might just want to be left alone.

under your logic sir, one should never move from the village to town.

Australia

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by HandyAndy
How much did you pay for yours?
$US10 per year. To get the name change I had to pay for a rate increase I would otherwise not have paid. Yes, I do put my money where my mouth is - do you?

r

Moves
20 Feb 11

you paid money for "kewpie" ?

Australia

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by reinfeld
you paid money for "kewpie" ?
I did. It was worth every bit of it too. 🙂

r

Moves
20 Feb 11
4 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit

phlabibit sent me a private pm ( that i was a bad person i guess from his then later public post about it SINCE I NEVER READ IT ).

'[b]Never mind answering my PM about why you're being so defensive, someone reminded me exactly who you are."
_P____________________________________________________________________

just who am i ( maybe i am russ ? )

let's have a public catfight in the dirty box.

tell everyone why you are right. don't hide behind a pm.

let it all out ( it entertrains the mob ).

i can take the fight. as long as you don't kick my dog you can say anything.

you can spit in the soup.

you can out think me.

you can cat call me from the back of the bar.

do your best in public sir. ( but remember, we all see from what box you look for what you throw...it tells us much from where you look around for ammunition ).

bring it on sir !

i sit in my fine wing chair in front of the fire as my butler pours me a second claret.

i ( and others...friend and foe ) await your reply.

Read a book!

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
$US10 per year. To get the name change I had to pay for a rate increase I would otherwise not have paid. Yes, I do put my money where my mouth is - do you?
Absolutely. I'll put up $US10 if you'll change your name to Snotty.

Australia

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Absolutely. I'll put up $US10 if you'll change your name to Snotty.
I'd love to take you up on that, but some South African beat us to it by 1000 days or so.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by divegeester

My idea is that 'subscribers' should be allowed to change their name perio ...[text shortened]... r profile; this is similar to eBay's protocol of changing your membership name on their site.
If they want a new user name they can kill the old one off and resubscribe/start a new ID and not divulge who they were previously.

However, several have done this and come back and let us know that they were the user previously known as "XYZ". This defeats the purpose of the change.

Changing the ID but leaving the previous ID in the user profile also defeats the purpose of a change in user name if they are trying to distance themselves from the old ID.

When you initially sign up you are told the name cannot be changed and to pick one you are happy with. If people are unable to read that and make the appropriate decision at that time, then tough.

Read a book!

Moves
20 Feb 11

Originally posted by adramforall
When you initially sign up you are told the name cannot be changed and to pick one you are happy with. If people are unable to read that and make the appropriate decision at that time, then tough.
Decisions, decisions..

User 93254