1. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 11:44
    Why doesn't the vacation period allow for paternity leave?? 😛

I have 3 weeks off when my wife gives birth, and I doubt I will be here very often - so all my games will likely be timed out.

Yup, I can use from my 36 days, but what happens during the rest of my vacation periods later this year?? :'(

I know, I know, everybody would take paternity leave..... ok, ok....

Well maybe a limited amount of days moving should be permitted during vacations...... like 1 a week, then see how many people falsely take vacations.....???
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 13:20
    Not this old topic a-g-a-i-n ..............................!

I didn't realise we were playing for sheep stations here, thought it was for fun. Silly me!
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 16:17
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Not this old topic a-g-a-i-n ..............................!

I didn't realise we were playing for sheep stations here, thought it was for fun. Silly me!
    If it's such an old topic then why has nothing been done to solve the issue??....... too difficult for the compu boffs?
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 16:38
    Originally posted by mikelom
    If it's such an old topic then why has nothing been done to solve the issue??....... too difficult for the compu boffs?
    There are people who think the current amount of time is too much (in fact some thing that it's 36 days too much) and there are some apparently who think there are too few days.

It's not about it being hard to change the date, it's because there's no way to actually please everyone.

Well maybe a limited amount of days moving should be permitted during vacations

Isn't unlimited amount of moving already allowed? I don't think it should be limited though.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 18:01
    This is my vacation idea.

Don't change anything about vacations at all.

Thanx for listening.

P-
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 21:56
    I'm not sure what the suggested change would be... 36 days for most people, and then an extra 3 weeks if you can prove that you're having a baby?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 14:30
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I'm not sure what the suggested change would be... 36 days for most people, and then an extra 3 weeks if you can prove that you're having a baby?
    How about this.

Two weeks of vacation and you can sign in as often as you want when the baby is napping.
  8. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 03:46
    Maybe we should use W's beloved free market to solve the problem. All vacation costs $10/day. Your $30 RHP annual fee is considered to cover 3 days. Need more...paypal or Visa are gladly accepted. 🙂

Yes, I'm 90% joking but it's about the only solution I can think of that gives people the freedom to take the vaca they *really* require. And we might get some new servers out of the deal.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 04:22
    There is no way to please all of the people, or even one of the people, all of the time. Right now I'm anti-vacation because it interrupts my games; in a few weeks I'll be pro-vacation because it will mean I won't get timed out because I'm in hospital or have some other domestic crisis. Then I'll be anti-vacation again until an opponent abuses the system just to delay losing points.

Personally I'd like vacation not to exist at all, just a mutually-agreed adjourn function to cover absences. Then people with 100s of games would have the job of arranging 100s of adjournments - which is as it should be. Since I'm 100% sure that most of you wouldn't like this, perhaps the "pay-extra-for-vacation-rights" exercise would sort out the problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree