1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 May '08 15:06
    I would suggest that on a person on vacation there is an information about the end of the vacation.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 May '08 15:28
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I would suggest that on a person on vacation there is an information about the end of the vacation.
    That's been asked before... but imagine I set myself for 14 days, wait 2 and cancel.

Now you've run off thinking I'm gone 14 days and I start moving.

That may be why this request has not been answered.

P-
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 May '08 15:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's been asked before... but imagine I set myself for 14 days, wait 2 and cancel.

Now you've run off thinking I'm gone 14 days and I start moving.

That may be why this request has not been answered.

P-
    so my next suggestion would be: booking of vacations can't be taken back.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 May '08 18:17
    Or, how about cannot be withdrawn for at least a 48-hour time period from the time of rescheduling . . with an email notification sent out?

Maybe this is why they aren't doing it?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 May '08 21:06
    A good question here is "Why?" If your answer is "To punish those that abuse the system" I'd call this a bad idea.

Imagine you've got big plans to take a dream vacation... and at the last minute the vacation is pushed back a week or 2 or even canceled.

Now, not only are you bent about your vacation being ruined or postponed, you can't turn off your vacation because of a new rule at RHP. And what was the reason for this change to the vacation system?

P-
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 May '08 10:46
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A good question here is "Why?" If your answer is "To punish those that abuse the system" I'd call this a bad idea.

Imagine you've got big plans to take a dream vacation... and at the last minute the vacation is pushed back a week or 2 or even canceled.

Now, not only are you bent about your vacation being ruined or postponed, you can't turn off your ...[text shortened]... a new rule at RHP. And what was the reason for this change to the vacation system?

P-
    Why?

Actually timebanks are there to provide time for unforseen absence. Then we do have a lot of vacation days to use. In fact I can't see for whom these may not suffice. (People who know that they are unable to log in should play long time controls anyway).

So even if I have the bad luck to have a vacation moved I have so mayn vacation days that I can make up for it. Plus I can first let timebank tick down.

But if I am the only one supporting this it's ok if the end is not displayed.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 05:541 edit
    It doesn't happen alot

But........

I agree with Phlabs ! Just too many unknown things could arise !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree