1. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    06 Oct '04 20:10
    hi Russ, i know you just made some changes to the clan challenge page (which are great), but i wonder if we could have just one more: the ability to view who is in a proposed challenge before deciding whether to accept or decline. at the moment, as far as i know, this has to be settled by pming the other leader.
    ta
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '04 11:291 edit
    I think people are a little confused, understandably, what happens now is that when your click on the "Accept" button, this doesn't actually accept the challenge there and then, I think Russ will probably tidy this up when he launches option C in the next few weeks.

What actually happens when you click "Accept" is that you get taken to another screen where you can see exactly who is in the challenge and alter who you want to put against them. Once you done that you can fully accept and start the challenge. This gives a big advantage to the challenged clan leader at the moment.

If you don't wish to accept the challenge once you've seen who is in the line up you cannot "decline" it on that page as there is no button to click, again this is something that Russ will probably tidy up, to decline instead you will have to click "Back" in your browser or navigate away from the page somehow and then in the first screen you can click "Decline".

This might explain why a lot of the challenges I've issued have just sat there, so I hope this clears things up.

😀
  3. Standard memberfawcr01
    Headless chicken
    Avoiding studying
    Moves
    07 Oct '04 21:40
    I like the changes to this system very much, but have this suggestion to make to improve things even further.

Consider when clan A challenges clan B.
    Clanleader B then goes and clicks accept and then lines his players up against those listed from clan A.
    Now, to start the challenge, either player can click "Start challenge". I think it would be better if only clanleader A can start the challenge, therefore ensuring than clanleader B has responded to the initial challenge fairly.

What do you think?

Richard.
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '04 22:09
    Option C was voted on unanimously and Russ is going to make it so in the next few weeks. It's the fairest option for all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree