1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 06:40
    I've been wondering why we cannot view 'private forum posts' from fellow members of the same clan or club. We can view public forum posts from anyone on the site, so why not those that we share common interests with ?
    Let's face it, we join a new club or clan and if we're really keen then we view 'what we can', forum wise, but we find some members posts more interesting than others especially if we're joining years old forum...tracking their posts down is an enormous pain presently looking through every thread, so let's make it more easily accessible for present and prospective new members ? Once someone leaves, let their posts leave with them or are they a permanent feature of that club...that's the only aspect I'm unsure of, but as all current members are clearly viewable on 'home page', we'd just click on their profile and open posts in the same manner as we view those public posts.
    As a side note, it would also aid those of us that post in varied private forum...we know we've posted something, and maybe there's a reply, but where is the damned thing 🙂
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 07:59
    I'd second this. One club I belong to has 20 pages of threads, sometimes half a page of threads can have active postings at a time, and if you're looking for a particular post you have to trawl for hours. On the member list page there are individual clickable options for "challenge member" just as on the public profile, so why not another one for "member's forum posts" ?

I'm sure we're not the only ones who would appreciate this extra feature.
  3. Joined
    11 May '13
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:09
    Gets my support. Sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander....
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 13:41
    Ideally, I'd like to see a private forum search with checkboxes for each forum I can access. That way I can search them all, or just one, or some of them, etc.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 21:58
    That's probably the best place to put it. That way, you have all the ones you're allowed to see on the one page, with just a tickbox on each and the facility to tick as many of the boxes as you want to search. I'd even accept one-at-a-time searches if it meant we'd get the feature.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 16:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Ideally, I'd like to see a private forum search with checkboxes for each forum I can access. That way I can search them all, or just one, or some of them, etc.
    I support this one.
  7. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 22:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'd second this. One club I belong to has 20 pages of threads, sometimes half a page of threads can have active postings at a time, and if you're looking for a particular post you have to trawl for hours. On the member list page there are individual clickable options for "challenge member" just as on the public profile, so why not another one for "member's ...[text shortened]... posts" ?

I'm sure we're not the only ones who would appreciate this extra feature.
    It's a yes from me.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 05:50
    Despite knowing that things are on hold until after the migration I bump this thread to the top, so it may not be lost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree