1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 22:58
    Should be announced to the whole site via PM or to email address - that way response would be greater than just the forumites view.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    29 Aug '06 23:26
    Originally posted by rhb
    Should be announced to the whole site via PM or to email address - that way response would be greater than just the forumites view.
    That is a good idea. How did you do that? 😉
  3. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 04:44
    Originally posted by rhb
    If the number of votes cast exceeds 50% of the number of subscribers, will the rules will be changed?
  4. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 11:15
    Originally posted by rhb
    I partly agree. Only subscribers are allowed to vote so there's no point sending emails and PMs to all the non-subscribers.

Also why didn't they announce the votes in the Announcements Forum? It seems the ideal place. If they didn't want a debate about the proposals there, then they could have just made the announcement and then closed the thread.

The problem of just creating a thread in the General Forum is that it quickly gets buried under all the rubbish in that forum. In less than a day, the vote threads have already slipped half way down the second page. Who bothers to read anything which isn't on page 1?

I suppose we'll just have to keep bumping the threads whilst the votes are open.
  5. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 11:26
    Originally posted by c99ux
    If the number of votes cast exceeds 50% of the number of subscribers, will the rules will be changed?
    That's impossible! Only subscribers are allowed to vote.

I think there about 2000 subscribers and most don't visit the forums and won't know about the votes. On previous occassions only about 200 or 300 people have bothered to vote. I doubt that the figure will be any higher over this issue.
  6. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    i like that idea and well i think its in place as iv recieved a message about the votes.nice one.
  7. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 23:41
    Originally posted by David Tebb

I think there about 2000 subscribers and most don't visit the forums and won't know about the votes. On previous occassions only about 200 or 300 people have bothered to vote. I doubt that the figure will be any higher over this issue.
    Perhaps, but those 200 to 300 have probably debated the issue and/or read about the issue and/or given the matter some actual thought before voting.

Instead of voting for something because it sounds nice.
  8. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 23:522 edits

Glad you didn't say that you'd eat your hat...?

This morning the numbers of votes cast was:

Timeout options 1237
    Immunity on vacation 1190

EDIT2: Some votes are open to all, not just subscribers.
  9. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 01:29
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Glad you didn't say that you'd eat your hat...?

This morning the numbers of votes cast was:

Timeout options 1237
    Immunity on vacation 1190

EDIT2: Some votes are open to all, not just subscribers.
    Yes, I got that wrong!

It's great that so many people have voted. That PM which was sent out to all the subscribers advising them of the vote, has proved to be a huge success.
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 01:40
    Yes, I got that wrong!

It's great that so many people have voted. That PM which was sent out to all the subscribers advising them of the vote, has proved to be a huge success.
    No worries.

I got 0.1p per vote for my suggestion.

(joke)
  11. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 07:531 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    No worries.

I got 0.1p per vote for my suggestion.

(joke)
    You'll soon have enough for a Mars bar then...

EDIT: Or rather not... just checked again and still only 1430 and 1483, so you can afford a second class stamp nearly...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree